Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > DL2 taking nearly three minutes to start up

DL2 taking nearly three minutes to start up
cchris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 5, 2008, 10:01 PM

It's taking much longer to start up than DL1 did. Also, if I leave DL2 on overnight, when I start using the Mac again, I have to quit out of DL because the Mac's disk drive thrashes constantly and is too bogged down to use. Once DL2 is off, the system runs normally.

The Delicious Library Items.deliciouslibrary2 database file is now 548.5 MB in size, which seems unmanageably large. I remember when DL1 started running slowly and the database file started packing on MBs, tech support stripped all Amazon recommendations from the database and it ran normally. Eventually I learned to use grep to do the removal myself. The new DL2 database isn't formatted as plaintext XML, so I haven't figured out how to do the same trick.

I submitted this as a bug report months ago with no reply and since the problem has progressively gotten worse. I just resubmitted it but I don't hold out hope for help from tech support what with all the other problems they're working on.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this that has maybe found a solution on their own?
( Last edited by cchris; Jul 5, 2008 at 10:11 PM. )
You can be honorable or you can make money.
--slogan of The Delicious Generation

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2008, 10:17 PM

DL2 uses CoreData so perhaps you can find some SQLite utility that can help.

cchris  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 5, 2008, 11:37 PM

Thanks alex, I'll give that a try.
You can be honorable or you can make money.
--slogan of The Delicious Generation

Forum Links
Forum Rules