Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 30th Anniversary PowerBook

30th Anniversary PowerBook
masugu
Senior User
Apr 3, 2006, 07:57 PM

Or any such Mac product?

Why is it that nothing is mentioned on Apple.com re: their 30th anniversary? Lots of press - no Apple spin, new product. Pretty dissapointing.

memory-minus
Senior User
Apr 3, 2006, 08:06 PM

Maybe only the press really cares? Must we be forced to relive the TAM just because?

masugu  (op)
Senior User
Apr 3, 2006, 08:09 PM

I was hoping for something new...hard to belieev Apple misses an oppty to promote itself.

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 11:43 PM

If they made a black MBP I would buy it in a second!

Sourbook
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2006, 11:49 PM

They may have learned their lesson with the 20th Anniversary Mac.

volcano
Senior User
Apr 4, 2006, 12:35 AM

Apple never introduces products on a Saturday.

If anything emerges, it will happen tomorrow - on Tuesday, April 4 - because that's always been the day they've held Keynotes for product introductions and the like.

Regardless, I highly doubt they'll introduce a 30th Anniversary Powerbook. This is the 30th Anniversary of Apple as a company - not the anniversary of the Powerbook.

I'm really itching for a 13.3" MacBook Pro, though - so I'm hoping that something happens tomorrow!

inkhead
Senior User
Apr 4, 2006, 01:12 AM

Why not put a sticker on your a new mac that says "30th Anniversary Edition", Special Editions should be left to movies, like "star wars", and anniversaries should be celebrated by people in relationships with other people, NOT by people in relationships with computers.

Maybe Apple decided this year to be classy and not do something totally cheesy like making an entire computer to show off 30 years...

masugu  (op)
Senior User
Apr 5, 2006, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by inkhead
Why not put a sticker on your a new mac that says "30th Anniversary Edition", Special Editions should be left to movies, like "star wars", and anniversaries should be celebrated by people in relationships with other people, NOT by people in relationships with computers.

Maybe Apple decided this year to be classy and not do something totally cheesy like making an entire computer to show off 30 years...

Alright already.... I was just hoping something new would come out 4/1 or so... But not even a peep out of Apple. Maybe the 13" widescreen iBooks are a myth.... Definitely waiting for the Rev 2 MacBook. Not likinng the sounds of bugs in Rev 1. My Ti PB is still hanging on.

MikeD
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2006, 08:49 PM

I sorta agree with this thread - I mean, I wasn't expecting a PowerBook as the thread states, but I think that people were led to hope for something as Steve said something to the likes of 'who know what's we'll do'. But I guess that was nothing. Oh well.. MBP's look nice regardless!!

Mike
2009 MacMini 2.0 C2D 4GB (3,1) - Needs update!
11" MBA (2010 1.6GHz C2D)
iPhone 4 / iPad!
Hooked on Apple since the IIGS

jasonv1
Apr 6, 2006, 09:09 PM

I personally guarantee that something will happen tomorrow, simply because I bought my MBP tonight.

My iBook auction ended last night as well, so if the iBooks would happen to debut tomorrow (I know they won't) my buyer would probably kick himself as well. Thankfully, money is already in hand...

Originally Posted by volcano
Apple never introduces products on a Saturday.

If anything emerges, it will happen tomorrow - on Tuesday, April 4 - because that's always been the day they've held Keynotes for product introductions and the like.

Regardless, I highly doubt they'll introduce a 30th Anniversary Powerbook. This is the 30th Anniversary of Apple as a company - not the anniversary of the Powerbook.

I'm really itching for a 13.3" MacBook Pro, though - so I'm hoping that something happens tomorrow!
-Formerly: Mac Plus, PowerMac 8100, Orange Clamshell iBook, G3 B@W, G3 900 iBook, G4 eMac, G5 1.8 Dually, G5 2.0 Dually, G4 iBook, G4 Mac Mini, MBP Rev1 2.0.

-Current: MBP Core 2 Duo

-If I can sneak it in the house: Mac Pro (any will do)

anthology123
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 6, 2006, 09:21 PM

A special color iPod to celebrate the 30th anniversary is more likely to happen than a special edition powerbook.

Forum Links
Forum Rules