Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Left/Right Channel Swap

Left/Right Channel Swap
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
May 2, 2013, 02:05 AM

Due to the layout of my desk, my right speaker has to be to the left of my monitors, and my left speaker has to be to the right. Googling quickly found me the Apple MIDI setup solution, but that solution doesn't seem to be universal. Garageband, for example, does not respect the settings you set up in the MIDI utility.

Is there a truly universal way to do this in software?

If not, is there a physical way to do it? Like a very short headphone jack extension cable, that physically swaps the channels? I've googled but didn't find this. Seems like something that should exist, i'm sure many people have their monitors to the RIGHT of their computers. I'm wondering if they have some unusual name and that's why I'm having a hard time finding them.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 2, 2013, 04:09 AM

Audio/MIDI Setup is supposed to be universal.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
May 2, 2013, 05:26 AM

Have you set GarageBand's audio preferences to output via the System setting, rather than directly selecting the internal output?

Forum Links
Forum Rules