Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > New iPod shuffle... WTF?

New iPod shuffle... WTF? (Page 6)
starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 26, 2009, 09:41 AM

Thanks for posting that.
( Last edited by ThinkInsane; Mar 26, 2009 at 10:47 AM. )

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 26, 2009, 09:46 AM

Wow. I even went out of my way to edit out your name from that screenshot, since I know your privacy is important to you.

Thanks for being a complete asshole and not giving me the same courtesy.

If you'd like, I can make up a nice little chronology, complete with evidence, of the way you treated me in the last few weeks of our e-friendship. You know, the way you completely cut off communication with me because I said you sounded insane, and refused to acknowledge my attempts at communication for an entire week over something so trivial?

Or what about how you got angry with me one night when I was depressed and suicidal, and you told me that I was in the wrong, because I wasn't taking into account that you saw value in me, even when I didn't?

Or what about the time that I said "f you" (regarding the above depression incident), and you informed me that the last time someone said that to you, you never spoke to them again?

You're forty-fscking-five years old, and you hold grudges forever when people piss you off. GROW UP AND GET OVER IT.

I'm so tired of this. You act like a six-year-old whenever anyone breaks any of the completely unknown and unspoken rules you hold over all your so-called friends. You treat people like total crap when they don't deserve it. You troll MacNN and antagonize people who disagree with you, and give sarcastic and rude responses when people try to give any legitimate reasons why they disagree with you at all.

I don't care if I get permabanned for this, although your rudeness at using my real name when you know I don't want you to should preclude such a drastic action.

As I said the last time you went batshit bonkers on me over trivial crap, you need to get the hell off the Internet and spend some time socializing in the real world before you come back here. Grow up.
( Last edited by shifuimam; Mar 26, 2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: of != off)
Sell or send me your vintage Mac things if you don't want them.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 26, 2009, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Wow. I even went out of my way to edit out your name from that screenshot, since I know your privacy is important to you.
You failed to edit out my email address.

And you still owe me $ for the RAM you didn't pay me for. Don't get all high and mighty, especially when you talk about how amazing your finances are.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 26, 2009, 09:49 AM

I'm sorry, I thought it was on your MacNN profile.

And instead of using my real name online, which you know I hate, why didn't you PM or IM me and ask me to remove it? What are you going to do next, make a website identifying the address, phone number, email address, and full name of who shifuimam is, just so that you can get your petty revenge?

Your age, combined with your complete lack of tact when it comes to handling conflict, is pathetic.

Polatrite
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 26, 2009, 09:52 AM

Talk about being an unacceptably bogus asshole.

Some people need to grow the **** up.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 26, 2009, 09:53 AM

Oh wait. so if I send you some money, you'll stop being a dick?

I doubt it. Do you not comprehend that holding a grudge over something that happened more than a year ago - something that is not that traumatizing, considering other things that can happen to people - is ridiculous?

Is that what this is about? You want $30 so that you'll stop being an asshole on the Internet? Would that get you to remove my real name from your above post?

It doesn't matter if I owe you $5 or $500. The way you have treated me in the past has been completely inexcusable. No, I'm not holding a grudge about it - I moved on, like a normal person. But you getting shitty with me is ridiculous, given your history of treating me (and other people you've told me about) like total crap when they break your long list of behavioral expectations.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 26, 2009, 09:59 AM

It's not just about money, it's about your pompous, self-important, arrogant attitude. You walk around these forums calling people out on how much a loser you believe they are, and yet you yourself can't even admit to making a mistake.

And to the mods: I tried resolving this with PMs. It failed.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 26, 2009, 10:09 AM

Wait, I made a mistake in what? Not sending you money?

I'm sorry. Send me your paypal and I'll do it right now.

And the screenname? Oh wait, I edited the images as soon as you said something, so it's not there anymore.

Snap.

You didn't try resolving anything in PMs. You told me I was in denial because I said I thought it was unfortunate that you hold grudges for life. That's not resolving shi!t.

Would you like to just send me a list of all the things I need to do so that you can MOVE ON FROM SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED MORE THAN A YEAR AGO ON THE INTERNET?

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 26, 2009, 10:14 AM

My email is still there at the top of the screenshot.

Snap.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 26, 2009, 10:17 AM

Try shift+refresh; the image must be cached locally. I double-checked it myself after I uploaded the edited image.

starman
Clinically Insane
Mar 26, 2009, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Try shift+refresh; the image must be cached locally. I double-checked it myself after I uploaded the edited image.
Nope. Tried it on two computers here at work and my iPhone over edge.

shifuimam
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 26, 2009, 10:24 AM

No idea why then. I refreshed and it updated. Just loaded it up in Chrome and my iPhone on 3G and the updated image is there.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Mar 26, 2009, 10:25 AM

can you two chill out and take your slap fight somewhere else.
~Mike

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 26, 2009, 10:46 AM

I really don't see this getting back on topic, so it's time to pull the plug on this thread.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Forum Links
Forum Rules