Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Audio import

Audio import
bluefire 529
Feb 9, 2000, 10:44 PM

Here it goes...I have a PowerMac 7500/120 upgraded with a 200MHz 604e card and 152MB RAM running OS 9. I have just purchased a CD-RW (Yamaha 8x4x24). My band has just finished recording our demo tape and I need to know how to import our analog tape into my computer so I can burn it onto an audio CD for independant distribution.

Since this is a 7500 series, it has AV input jacks built-in. I have Adaptec Toast Deluxe (4.0) and I just got Jam, hoping this would allow me to do what I need. However, it seems this will only work for files that are already on the machine. I need to know what else is needed to import sound from the outside world. Any suggestions out ther? Cheap would be great!

Kocher
Feb 10, 2000, 09:27 AM

I think Toast 4 has a sub-program for doing this task exactly. I believe it is called SpinDoctor or something. Turn off Virtual Memory (It wont run with it on) and hook up a tape player directly to the mac through the built in RCA jacks. Open the program, press record, and press play on your tape player. Then, the files should be Toast-compatable.

bluefire 529
Feb 10, 2000, 11:17 AM

Cool! Thanks! I also found another program late last night called Coaster. It is Freeware and looks like it will do just what I need. If not, I will give Spin Doctor a shot.

Forum Links
Forum Rules