Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread

Official Mac Notebook Picture Thread (Page 26)
Randman
Posting Junkie
Nov 8, 2004, 06:34 AM

Not very ergonomic though.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Agazzie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 8, 2004, 09:49 AM

Originally posted by Randman:
Not very ergonomic though.
hahaha..

believe it or not, but most often I don't have it like that
Do not do anything today, which
someone else can do tomorrow..

STAT
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2004, 01:00 PM

Apple user since 1987

Ormnik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2004, 12:15 AM

This is my new 17" 1.5GHz Powerbook on a custom aluminum stand that I built and posted here in this thread last week. (See pg 25 of this thread)

Please let me know what you think, and if you want one. If I get enough interest I may build some just for those of the MacNN community. Also I want to add that this DOES NOT SLIDE OFF. I have to push very hard to get it to move off of the stand. The Powerbook's feet do a good job of holding it on and keeping it up off of the aluminum.

Below is a link to a page I created with lot's of different pictures of it on the stand. Just go to:

www.deskstands.net

UPDATE: These stands are now available for purchase.
( Last edited by Ormnik; Mar 5, 2006 at 07:22 PM. Reason: New Information)
Harmon Kardon Soundsticks / Elgato USB EyeTV
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz / 2Gb / 80 Gb / Superdrive / Mac OS 10.4.7 / 64Mb Video / Wireless Keyboard & Mouse / Harmon Kardon Soundsticks / 60Gb 5G video iPod / 8Gb 2G Nano --
1.83GHz Core Duo Mac Mini / 512Mb / 80Gb / Superdrive / Mac OS 10.4.7 / Wireless Keyboard & Mouse / 800W Pioneer 5.1 Sound System / InFocus IN72 DLP Projector / 500Gb External Drive

STAT
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2004, 12:24 AM

Apple user since 1987

Macpilot
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2004, 12:56 AM

Originally posted by Ormnik:
This is my new 17" 1.5GHz Powerbook on a custom aluminum stand that I built and posted here in this thread last week. (See pg 25 of this thread)

Please let me know what you think, and if you want one. If I get enough interest I may build some just for those of the MacNN community. Also I want to add that this DOES NOT SLIDE OFF. I have to push very hard to get it to move off of the stand. The Powerbook's feet do a good job of holding it on and keeping it up off of the aluminum.

Below is a link to a page I created with lot's of different pictures of it on the stand. Just go to:

17" Powerbook Stand
OK. That is totally freakin' sweet! I want one. Now.
MacBook Pro
Mac Mini

STAT
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2004, 01:11 AM

17" Powerbook Stand
Make it where you can overhang the PowerBook's keyboard over an external keyboard (to get the screen closer to your eyes) and I'd be interested.
Apple user since 1987

Ryan1524
Senior User
Nov 11, 2004, 01:25 AM

very nice. i'd love one for my 15". not to be anal about this, but maybe it's cause your PB is new and the feet is still sticky. after a while, mine got softer, and it becomes easier to slide around on the desk.

but i guess we can always put any kind of non-skid material on it to make it stick if and when it becomes a problem.

care to give me a quote on the stand?
Ryan

Ormnik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2004, 01:48 AM

Originally posted by Ryan1524:
very nice. i'd love one for my 15". not to be anal about this, but maybe it's cause your PB is new and the feet is still sticky. after a while, mine got softer, and it becomes easier to slide around on the desk.

but i guess we can always put any kind of non-skid material on it to make it stick if and when it becomes a problem.

care to give me a quote on the stand?
I was just discussing this over at spymac.com and got a very helpful hint from the CEO at DVForge.com. I was wrong about the not sliding part. This is because my feet are new and was not aware that over time they would loose their "grip". I will be making a change by adding foot pads to the stand itself. These will be recessed into the aluminum so that the adhesive does not "slide" off the aluminum and stays put. The new pads will also be made of a better compound and have a larger surface area to better grip onto the Powerbook's underside. Once this modification is complete I will see who wants one and in what size. Thank You.

UPDATE: These are now available for purchase.

www.deskstands.net
( Last edited by Ormnik; Mar 5, 2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: New Information)
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz / 2Gb / 80 Gb / Superdrive / Mac OS 10.4.7 / 64Mb Video / Wireless Keyboard & Mouse / Harmon Kardon Soundsticks / 60Gb 5G video iPod / 8Gb 2G Nano --
1.83GHz Core Duo Mac Mini / 512Mb / 80Gb / Superdrive / Mac OS 10.4.7 / Wireless Keyboard & Mouse / 800W Pioneer 5.1 Sound System / InFocus IN72 DLP Projector / 500Gb External Drive

Simon
Posting Junkie
Nov 11, 2004, 03:53 AM

Please let me know what you think, and if you want one. If I get enough interest I may build some just for those of the MacNN community.
Ormnik, that stand is pure beauty. Congrats!

Would you consider making a version for the 12" PowerBook? I most never use it at the desk with an open lid, but just because your stand is so gorgeous I think I should change that habit.

What's your quote on that stand? If it's not too expensive I'll take 2. Honestly (home and office).
•

lAwrencex
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2004, 04:07 AM

yeah, that thing is gorgeous, how long did it take you to bulid it? i would love to get one for my 15 but what kind of money are we talking?
17" aluminum powerbook/ 1.67 / 100 gig / superdrive

phantomac
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2004, 06:03 AM

Originally posted by lAwrencex:
yeah, that thing is gorgeous, how long did it take you to bulid it? i would love to get one for my 15 but what kind of money are we talking?
That thing?

Simple: Look up the three books at amazon. SCNR.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Nov 11, 2004, 06:10 AM

Originally posted by phantomac:
That thing?
Simple: Look up the three books at amazon.
No, that alone won't work. At least one of the books has to be green and titled 'Psychology'.
•

STAT
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2004, 09:30 AM

HAHA!
Apple user since 1987

Win2Mac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2004, 11:12 AM

17" Powerbook Stand
Ormnik,

I'd be concerned for some people that are rather mobile with their laptops. What I mean is, how is the stand going to handle people placing the laptops on it and then trying to connect a firewire camera, a USB drive, printer, iPOD, etc. Will they need to hold the other side of the laptop or will it tend to slide? Something to think about to possibly make improvements on a great design.
One to soon switch from Windows,

Win2Mac
Jn. 6:53

Ormnik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2004, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by Win2Mac:
Ormnik,

I'd be concerned for some people that are rather mobile with their laptops. What I mean is, how is the stand going to handle people placing the laptops on it and then trying to connect a firewire camera, a USB drive, printer, iPOD, etc. Will they need to hold the other side of the laptop or will it tend to slide? Something to think about to possibly make improvements on a great design.
For the answer to that question see the post i made about 6 posts prior to yours. Thanks.

sheer
Forum Regular
Nov 11, 2004, 02:29 PM

Originally posted by Alfonso:
My room is very messy right now, but I just got my first digital camera, so I took a picture.

Powerbook G4 15"
1.33 Ghz
512 ram
Great poster, you'd love my record collection

romeosc
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2004, 07:12 PM

Trying inline photo

Mcroftksu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 11, 2004, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by STAT:
I just wanted to say, as a college student, Thank you very very much for finally finding something I can use those books for. $400 is a bit pricey for a stand, but I think I will have to follow suit.

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2004, 02:03 PM

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Nov 12, 2004, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by trancepriest:
awesome setup, i love the thing that is sitting on the tripod
iamwhor3hay

iREZ
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2004, 04:16 PM

I see an iCurve and an Apple keyboard box in the background, and instead of showing us your setup you show a pic of yourself with the PB on your lap???? I think this pic needs to be redirected to the lounge picture thread.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2004, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by iREZ:
I see an iCurve and an Apple keyboard box in the background, and instead of showing us your setup you show a pic of yourself with the PB on your lap???? I think this pic needs to be redirected to the lounge picture thread.
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...24#post2249566

I've posted a few pics in this thread... just wanted too show off my new tripod.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Nov 12, 2004, 04:40 PM

Ohhhhhh........had no clue, sorry dude. I'd show off my tripod too but all you'd see is my leg's and a long blur, knuck knuck knuck.

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Nov 12, 2004, 04:50 PM

Originally posted by iREZ:
Ohhhhhh........had no clue, sorry dude. I'd show off my tripod too but all you'd see is my leg's and a long blur, knuck knuck knuck.
LOL.

jstein
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 13, 2004, 06:38 PM

Wow Trancepriest, nice setup. Is that a Canon XL1-S or XL2? Also, what do you do moviemaking, docs, videography (weddings and such)....

perbl
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2004, 06:49 AM

Honestly, this is what this thread should have been like, show a picture of you and your Powerbook

sillydog701
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2004, 07:03 AM

What's wrong with showing the owner of the PowerBook?

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Nov 14, 2004, 07:20 AM

nothing ...

i bet the mock complaints are due to:

1) all those pictures of laptop stands ... people start wanting to see new stands and set ups...

2) we cant replicate his lap =P

Personally i dont have an issue .. just my 2 cents on why others would complain (hopefully jokingly)

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

perbl
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2004, 07:54 AM

I did not complain, I think it is great. Honestly, I think a thread where people show off their Powerbooks and themselves would be really cool, and besides a great way to know the faces of the people around here.

And also it would probably show off some exciting uses of the PB.

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2004, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by jstein:
Wow Trancepriest, nice setup. Is that a Canon XL1-S or XL2? Also, what do you do moviemaking, docs, videography (weddings and such)....
I mostly do weddings and low end music videos. Although i would love to do a feature but I still need alot more equipment for a feature. Thats why I'm doing weddings to get the funds to move to the next level. As far as documentaries go... i love the stuff Frontline is putting out... especially the latest one "The Persuaders"... I also like Commanding Heights. http://www.pbs.org/frontline

PHYMAC
Forum Regular
Nov 14, 2004, 10:01 PM

Here is my setup, nothing too crazy.... Pictures Taken by Cannon s70, 7.1 Megapixels.

PB 17" 1Ghz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HD
iSight
30GB iPod incase leather case
Belkin 7 port USB hub
Belkin 5 port Firewire Hub
Sony SRS-T55 portable speakers
Wacom Tablet with mouse
Griffin PowerMate
Epson Photo R300 Printer
Portable USB Light
PNY 64Mb USB Jump Drive
256MB mini cruzer Jump Drive
LG 1150 cell phone w/ camera
Black cover for keyboard I made just out some material I got from a fabric store.

STAT
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 14, 2004, 11:12 PM

Dude, resize your pictures.
Apple user since 1987

burnsey
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2004, 11:24 PM

hey phymac, u at univ of miami?

PHYMAC
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2004, 12:02 AM

Yea I went to the University of Miami for undergrad, and I am there not again for Grad school.

GO CANES!

yea sorry about the size, I will try and resize them.

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Nov 15, 2004, 12:04 AM

holy big picture batman!
iamwhor3hay

PHYMAC
Forum Regular
Nov 15, 2004, 12:07 AM

Alright I made them smaller... Sorry about that.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Nov 15, 2004, 01:44 PM

Trance, sounds as if you have a pretty sweet setup. Any shots of the desk and all the toys?

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Nov 16, 2004, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by Randman:
Trance, sounds as if you have a pretty sweet setup. Any shots of the desk and all the toys?
I got a picture of the desk on page 24 of this thread:
http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...24#post2249566

I also got a more complete gallery up here:
http://www.spymac.com/gallery/show_m...emberid=750476

BTW for the poster that asked... the camera is an XL1s.

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 18, 2004, 08:45 PM

here is my setup at work. im a System Admin & im stuck with a G3 since all the dual G4's are being used by our graphic designers. on the far left I have 2 Dell PCs & the far left is PB 12" SD. guess the laptop makes up for the G3.

i took the pic w/ my nokia 6600

( Last edited by RMXO; Nov 18, 2004 at 09:11 PM. )
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

STAT
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2004, 08:52 PM

Nice pillow.
Apple user since 1987

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 18, 2004, 09:08 PM

Nice pillow.
thanks. an interior designer had my cubicle before me, so when i took over, i decided to leave it there.

STAT
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2004, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by RMXO:
thanks. an interior designer had my cubicle before me, so when i took over, i decided to leave it there.
Suuuuuuuuuuure...

Apple user since 1987

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 18, 2004, 10:18 PM

Suuuuuuuuuuure...

okay, u got me. i use that to rest my head when im working late & when no one is around. lol.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Nov 19, 2004, 12:37 PM

Proceed to hang your head in shame, and no using the pillow if your neck gets tired.

Ormnik
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 19, 2004, 01:41 PM

Here is my finsished Powerbook stand. I have had a lot of requests for it so I have decided to go into production with it. If you would like one please go to the link below for all the info. Thank You

http://www.eddyco.com/pb_stand_II/powerbook_II.html

UPDATE: This time it's for real. These are now in production and you can use the link above to visit our site and place an order.
( Last edited by Ormnik; Mar 5, 2006 at 07:35 PM. Reason: New Information)

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 02:26 PM

Here is my finsished Powerbook stand. I have had a lot of requests for it so I have decided to go into production with it. If you would like one please go to the link below for all the info. Thank You

http://www.eddyco.com/pb_stand_II/powerbook_II.html
Good taste Funny thing I had saw it before, here of course, and a friend from Spain sent me a mail about it

I like your desktop picture, could you let me / us about an url to get it ?

BTW my lovely 17 inches is on Apple to be repaired again, the mo-board seems to be bad, so SGI time for me which is not bad.

farmerjnz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2004, 08:15 AM

Originally posted by sheer:

hey sheer, my setup will look quite similar to yours when i receive my pb 12" within a couple of weeks. I have a 19" black LCD but with a different midi keyboard. Nice and simple, sweet as.
MAC ATTACK

sheer
Forum Regular
Nov 25, 2004, 05:10 PM

Nice, look forward to some piccies.
I've got a Motu 828 mkII sat there now as well tho I'm saving for a tower now along with another Iiyama TFT (matching model). Need more power.

silver10
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2004, 10:31 PM

My new setup

Forum Links
Forum Rules