Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: iBook G3/800 640MB 20GB 802.11b

FS: iBook G3/800 640MB 20GB 802.11b
Panzer
Forum Regular
Sep 2, 2004, 09:23 PM

Subject line says it all. Well, maybe not everything. My employer just got me a dell D800 laptop and I don't have a need for two laptops so I'd like to sell the older iBook. I think it's worth about $800 (?), I am willing to entertain all offers but I don't want to part it out.

The specs are the standard iBook build, nothing customized. I still have the original box, foam screen protector thing, cables, manuals, software, etc. Heck, I still have the form to start the warrenty, although I don't know if they would honor it at this point. Screen is unscratched, may be a candidate for the recall. Oh, and the battery is in good condition too. If you have any questions about anything just reply or message me. I live in VA and would be willing to meet someone reasonably local to make the deal, or I can ship elsewhere. Again, message me for more details or if you have any questions.

Thanks!

iREZ
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2004, 11:45 AM

Actually your computer is around $700 without the APX or RAM, but seeing how its a used computer I don't think you could sell it for $800 as if it was a new machine. Apple sells your 'book for $649 so I would think anywhere within $625 and $750 is reasonable. Does it have a Combo drive or CD_ROM?
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

Panzer  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 3, 2004, 01:13 PM

It has the combo drive, and I forgot to mention it's the 12.1 inch model.
Hmm, so maybe in the $700 range then. As I said, I will entertain all reasonable offers, so feel free to send me a message.
Thanks

nesuser2
Forum Regular
Sep 3, 2004, 06:58 PM

Well, I'll throw in my two cents. I didn't know apple still sold a laptop this old but if they do sell it for $649 then $750 should be a pretty decent deal. It doesn't have APX either....which adds more to the value, really screwy....One from apple would cost you $700 plus the cost of ram and then add in 100+ for the AP card. Anyways, pictures will help your sale and I wish you good luck in selling your item!

Forum Links
Forum Rules