Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone not syncing with calendars

iPhone not syncing with calendars
dgold105
Forum Regular
Jun 17, 2010, 08:23 PM

My iCal calendars won't sync with my iPhone as of a few days ago after I did a reset. I have tried the following to fix it:

1. Deregistering the computer from Mobile me
2. Resetting sync history in Mobile Me
3. Resetting sync history in iSync
4. Deleting the mobile me account from the iPhone and re-adding it
5. Setting up a test account which was able to sync fine with the iPhone
6. I also tried adding my wife's mobile me account to my iphone and sync'd her calendars and they sync'd fine to my iphone
7. I used her iPhone and added my mobile me account to her iPhone and my calendars sync'd fine to her iPhone

The problem seems to be specific to my mobile me account and my iPhone. Basically the calendars don't sync at all so currently I have nothing but the default calendars on my iPhone. The contacts and bookmarks sync fine.

Any ideas for what I could try to fix?

philm
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2010, 09:48 AM

I've had this from time to time when I've needed to wipe my phone or whatever. The step I find most helpful (which is kind-of obvious) is to log into MobileMe to see if your iCal is syncing correcting there. This tells you if the problem is between your Mac and MobileMe, or between MobileMe and your iPhone.

You don't mention iTunes here. I don't have my phone here with me, so I can't check, but I recall that you need to do something in iTunes to arrange the sync also.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Jun 20, 2010, 10:24 PM

Hey, dgold105, I’m having the same problem as you and have tried most of the same steps to no avail (didn’t deregister the computer, since the problem seems to be entirely between iPhone and cloud). If you get it worked out, please come back to this thread to say what else you tried.

philm
Mac Elite
Jun 21, 2010, 11:51 AM

I recall that I did this once and it worked... On the iPhone, in Settings, go into 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars'. Select your MobileMe account from the list. Calendars (and maybe other options) should be 'on'. Switch this to 'off' for a few seconds and then back 'on'. This seems to reinitiate the link.

slugslugslug
Mac Elite
Jun 21, 2010, 03:34 PM

^ That’s worked for me before (for bookmarks, I think), but not this time.

Forum Links
Forum Rules