Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9.2.2 and Epson Printer Problems

OS 9.2.2 and Epson Printer Problems
Madison
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 8, 2002, 12:08 PM

I hate to add another to the LONG list of Epson printer problems, but here goes...

Upgraded from 8.6 to 9.2.2 on my Rev.C 333mhz iMac, 384mb ram. Upgrade went smoothly. Now my Epson 740 will not work, it will not even appear in the Chooser. I have deleted and reinstalled the printer software, downloaded and installed the Epson updater, still nothing. I have tried hooking the printer right to the USB on the computer instead of the keyboard where it's been for 3+ years, still nothing. Anyone got any ideas? This is the ONLY problem that has surfaced, other than this, I love OS 9.

Thanks in advance...

Tom

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 8, 2002, 12:52 PM

did you try getting rid of the old extensions along with the rest of the stuff you deleted?

after EVERYTHING is gone, try zapping PRAM, rebuilding the desktop...then reinstall the software and etc

after that, then plug in the printer and pray.

Other Tips � try using a different usb cable, or switch usb slots. plug printer into another computer.

Forum Links
Forum Rules