Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Menu bar not loading properly

Menu bar not loading properly
zack13532
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2009, 11:23 PM

On boot-up I am have a recurring problem. About 80% of the time I login to my account (1 user, auto logs in on startup), several menu bar icons do not load. This includes 3rd party icons and 2nd party icons (built-in). It's difficult to compare the menu bar with everything loaded properly and when some things are missing because I can't look at both at once =/ . The noticeable absences include lack of battery status icon, wifi connectivity icon, and iStat menus CPU usage. Even when I go to System Preferences to make sure that it says "Show ______ status in menu bar" is checked, and when I uncheck and recheck it, nothing happens. Oftentimes I just have to log out and log back in, however it usually doesn't work. Any ideas as to what might be causing this.

Cold Warrior
Feb 24, 2009, 11:36 PM

Create a new user account. Does the problem persist under that account?

Forum Links
Forum Rules