Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Perhaps condemned to oblivion, but... Do you like Michel Houellebecq?

Perhaps condemned to oblivion, but... Do you like Michel Houellebecq?
Nai no Kami
Senior User
Nov 15, 2002, 01:51 PM

I have read both of his novels and today I restarted one. If anyone read him: what do you think about his work?

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

V
Senior User
Nov 15, 2002, 04:04 PM

Haven't read him yet. His novels font couler beaucoup d'encre in the french literary world (and beyong), always acclamed and sometimes very controversial. The most important french writer according to many critics. His last book talked about the western man loneliness meeting the indigent oriental women, money-sex and everyone is happy. Anyway I haven't read it, maybe you could explain it better for me? I think I will start with Les Particules Elementaires, is it the right choice or should I go with earlier books?

Nai no Kami  (op)
Senior User
Nov 15, 2002, 05:32 PM

Les Particules �l�mentaires is a really great book to start. I�m glad to hear that someone here knows him. I wasn�t even expecting to have a reply, go figure!.
Nevertheless, you need a special mood to read it. I don�t recommend it if you are undergoing a depression or be depressive prone.
The paradox of this is that I find the book's message optimistic in the end.

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

Forum Links
Forum Rules