Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Hyper idiot question

Hyper idiot question
Nai no Kami
Senior User
Mar 22, 2001, 04:44 PM

Does Mac OS X have round or square menubar tips on PowerBooks?. In Classic, the upper corners of the menubar are square in my iBook, while my father's iMac has a rounded-corner menubar. Does this apply to OS X too?

Four lines to idiocy.

***Je ne parle pas fran�ais, je seulement lu et �cris***

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

Nai no Kami  (op)
Senior User
Mar 22, 2001, 04:47 PM

Sorry, but that post should go on the OS X forum.

***Eu n�o falo portugu�s. Solamente leio e escrevo***

Y no entienden nada... ¡y cómo se divierten!...

SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Mar 22, 2001, 05:59 PM

The Mac OS normally has rounded corners to look nice. However, the corners will be square on any LDC screen (iBook, Powerbook, Studio/cinema display), probably so you get your money's worth out of those extra few pixels. Mac OS X, at least the public beta, keeps the rounded edges even on an LCD screen.

Frumpy
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2001, 12:49 AM

Wow. I haven 't heard a question that's made me laugh like that in a long time. lol. But now that i think about it, that is an interesting question. I hope that it does fit the corners, seeing as how i have an iBook and expect to make the purchase on Saturday seeing as how i'm opening at the local Circuit City that morning. I'm interested to see a lot of things on this new OS. Good thing i have Sunday off. lol.
Specs:12" PowerBook-1.33GHz, 768 PC2700, Airport Express, Panther (10.3.9), iSight, 15GB 3G iPod

Gametes
Mac Elite
Mar 24, 2001, 12:44 PM

Actually SupahCool, OS X belays that (good, in my opinion) UI standard of giving the LCDs angled menubars.
Nai, OS X has curved (rounded) corners on the menubar. All is not lost, though: it also has a shadow under it like if it were a window. Pretty cool!

PS - You get used to it; trust me.

------------------
you are not your signature
you are not your signature

Forum Links
Forum Rules