Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Demo screensaver keeps hijacking my Mac wallpaper

Demo screensaver keeps hijacking my Mac wallpaper
SamSam07
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 17, 2010, 05:51 AM

Hope I've posted in the correct place. If not then I'm an embarrassed Noob, and I apologize.

So I installed this screen-saver demo called 'Living Desktop' (I think that's what it's called.) Then I decided I didn't want it, and I thought I had removed it properly. But then tonight this demo wallpaper popped up. It seems to keep hijacking my default Mac desktop wallpaper. Any wallpaper I put on gets taken over by this satellite picture of Earth with 'Unlicensed' written all over it. I've searched for what I think is it's file name. No luck. I've looked for it in the Screen-saver and Wallpaper folders. Both HD>library and HD> System>Library. It's kind of driving me insane. Any ideas on what to do next? I probably just need to find it and delete it, right? Thanks!!!!

I took two screenshots of it.
Demo wallpaper - Photos - View other's photo and leave a comment - Yahoo! Pulse

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 17, 2010, 06:37 AM

I assume you're talking about this:

Apple - Downloads - Icons, Screensavers, etc. - My Living Desktop

?

That definitely installs a program that runs in the background and changes your desktop.

You need to uninstall that program.

The installer will have an uninstall option.

SamSam07  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 17, 2010, 11:59 PM

I feel stupid. I thought it was Living Desktop, but it's actually Earth Desk. I did a Google search and came across an old post from some other forum. Turns out there was another person who had been going crazy from this too. Once I figured out I was trying to get rid of the wrong program, I found the right one on my hard drive and found the uninstaller. I FINALLY got rid of it!!!!

But thanks so so much for taking the time to try to help me. I was really going a bit insane.

It's great to know you pros are here to help.

512ke
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 20, 2010, 12:13 AM

but....google... is your friend....

Forum Links
Forum Rules