Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Quicken 2004 and cleared transactions

Quicken 2004 and cleared transactions
Robe
Forum Regular
Oct 19, 2003, 07:40 AM

I did a search and sure found a lot of negatives about Quicken 2004 - But not the problem I am having.

I do my banking online and use quicken every day - I loved each version up to 2004!

The downloading and matching of transactions is incredibly unintelligent. Is anyone else having this problem? It matches already cleared transactions that sometimes don't even have the same description, only the same transaction amount! I am continually hitting unmatch transaction and it is getting fairly annoying. It is as if it looks for a similar dollar amount and that's it - not date, description etc.... By the way this does not happen with checks (thankfully) just ATM and Debit stuff.

Any solution?

Thanks,

Robe

velodev
Senior User
Oct 19, 2003, 11:44 AM

That's too bad... I guess they (Intuit and MS) have still not figured out how to create a full featured financial program.

This is the main reason why I ditch them just after setup.

I send out bills online and also schedule them in Quicken for reminders sake. Low and behold, I have two sets of bills each month.

I beta tested 2004 for PC platform and posted numerous times how this still happens. I haven't had the energy to spend figuring it out in the final release.

I wish they would have asked if I wanted to beta the Mac version since that is where I keep my personal info.

Robe  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 20, 2003, 07:06 AM

Nobody else has this problem? If you don't, then I must be doing something wrong! Can anyone shed further light on this?

Thanks again,

Robe

BZ
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2003, 09:16 AM

Sorry, I use Q2004 every day but I don't download my transactions.

BZ

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2003, 12:07 PM

I use Quicken 2003 and I definitely experience this problem. Why Quicken would ever automatically match on a cleared transaction is beyond me! Then, when you hit Unmatch .... it doesn't just unmatch and make it a "New" transaction as it did in Quicken 2002 .... instead, it simply tries to automatically match again to an older transaction. So you have to do this several times until it runs out of transactions with the same dollar amount in the previous few months. This is the most brain dead "feature" of Quicken 2003! That along with very spotty scroll wheel support is a constant irritant. Given your comments about Quicken 2004 showing no improvement in this area, I see absolutely no reason to upgrade.

OAW

Forum Links
Forum Rules