Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Which case for iBook??

Which case for iBook??
exiva
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2004, 02:48 PM

im about to start college in a few days (ugh) and i plan on using my iBook during class, for notes and such. But i dont have a case for it.

i need to have room for a few text books and mabye a notebook and pens and all the crap you need for college. but i want some nice protection for my baby and a spot for my iPod

What cases do you recomend for this?
12 Inch G4 iBook | 256 MB Ram | 30 GB Hdd
Purchased January 24, 2004

Robbo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2004, 06:16 PM

I recommend a good-quality backpack/sleeve combo - I use a Jansport with a Zeroshock sleeve. That way you can carry all your usual **** and not be so likely to get mugged for your iBook
iMac 15"
iBook 1Ghz 12"
Panasonic SL-CT510 CD/MP3 Walkman
Bose Triport headphones

dreadpirate
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 3, 2004, 06:28 PM

funny thing - I too use a jansport with a zeroshock sleeve. The zeroshock is really the important part - I've never seen a better sleeve. Get one from shinza.com. As for the rest, I use a Jansport backpack with a vertical divider that keeps one laptop sized compartment separate from the rest. This works well, though usually I just carry the Zeroshock in a messenger man-bag thing. It feels pretty secure - the zeroshock is basically the stuff they make those sensor-pedic beds out of. Quality.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2004, 01:28 AM

I have and recommend the Brenthaven sleeve. You can order it from the Apple Store online.

Robbo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 4, 2004, 11:11 AM

The Zeroshock is an amazing sleeve, especially for the money I paid for it (�10, or about $18).
The Jansport is an important part for me too - carrying it around all day would be harder if it weren't for the Airlift straps. I managed to get my iBook, a CD wallet containing 32 CDs and all the stuff I needed for 4 days away in there and didn't even get tired shoulders
iMac 15"
iBook 1Ghz 12"
Panasonic SL-CT510 CD/MP3 Walkman
Bose Triport headphones

andersbk
Sep 4, 2004, 02:09 PM

I also have a JanSport backback and a Tucano sleeve from Apple Store.

I'd suggest something similar for you too, the anti-theft effect of having your laptop in a regular backpack is also a very good point, as Robbo pointed out.
Powerbook G4 15" 1.67GHz/2GB/100GB/Superdrive + 20" Cinema Display
40GB iPod Photo - 2 x LaCie D2 250GB

Ji Eun
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 5, 2004, 06:10 AM

JCT
Forum Regular
Sep 5, 2004, 10:10 PM

I have to carry a more "professional" bag for work but when I travel I carry a VoltXL backpack (SpireUSA ). It's wonderfully made with solid support and doesn't look like I'm carrying a computer at all. I have a 17" PB, but one of the smaller sizes would work well for an iBook.

Good luck in school,

JT
Quad 2.5 Ghz G5 7GB RAM + 7800GT
15" MBP 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB 7200 RPM HDD
G4 DA 1.2 Ghz 1.5 GB RAM + 4 HDD (fileserver)
G4 Cube 800MHz , Radeon 7000, 1.5 GB RAM
<not bad for a relatively new switcher...>

Forum Links
Forum Rules