Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Apple TV gains Major League Soccer, Disney Junior channels

Apple TV gains Major League Soccer, Disney Junior channels
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Sep 26, 2013, 12:13 PM

Two more app channels have been silently added to the Apple TV. The first is Major League Soccer, which includes the ability to watch matches live in addition to pre-recorded features. Live games do, however, require a subscription plan, with options beginning at $15 per month. Subscriptions can be bought through an Apple TV or at the league's website.

The other channel is Disney Junior, aimed at kids aged 3 to 9. Like Disney Channel and Disney XD, using the Junior app requires authenticating an existing cable subscription.

Apple has been adding numerous apps to the Apple TV since June. Notable examples include HBO Go, WatchESPN, SkyNews, Vevo, and the previously-mentioned Disney networks. Apple is believed to be preparing some sort of Apple TV hardware refresh for next month, something that may be supported by channel growth and the release of v6.0 firmware.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Sep 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM. )

pastusza
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 26, 2013, 06:06 PM

Damn it! I want to subscribe to Disney and Disney XD WITHOUT needing a cable subscription. I'm more than willing to pay for those channels.
Andy Pastuszak
amp68(spammenot)-at-verizon.net

Rapscallion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 27, 2013, 12:46 AM

Seriously... I bet it's in the works. I can't imagine Apple not at least trying/pushing for that. But with the ol dinomedia, it's always gonna be baby steps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules