Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > unusual error after installing panther

unusual error after installing panther
Walker
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 25, 2003, 12:12 PM

I just installed panther using the archive and install method. Installation went good. After installing, software update recommended updating a few things, including ipod software. I allowed the updating, and subsequently was instructed to plug in iPod. I don't think I was able to update the iPod.

I have left the iPod plugged in. When I restart the computer I get this error after the computer has reached the desktop and ipod has started syncing:

The application "Transport Monitor" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "8<Transport Monitor><Transport Monitor><HotSyncLib.PPC><>

Any thoughts on what is happening here?

Thanks,

lw

DoctorW
Forum Regular
Oct 25, 2003, 01:02 PM

I had the same problem...I solved it by taking the Palm Desktop stuff out of my Login items.

I haven't tried syncing my Palm yet, but I'd imagine it wouldn't work with that stuff removed.

Forum Links
Forum Rules