Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Airport Express

Airport Express
jmault
Forum Regular
Aug 28, 2006, 04:10 PM

I am on the road every weekend for the first three months of the semester. Can I just simply unplug the airport express with me and then plug it in at the hotel that I am staying at, or will that not be good for my airpprt. Also will it mess up my airtunes or is it as simple as plug and play?
Thanks

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Aug 28, 2006, 04:16 PM

Yes, that's what it's made to do. It should work with little or no configuration needed. However, if you do end up having problems (like not having airtunes connect anymore), you can always fix the settings with the Airport Admin Utility.

jmault  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 28, 2006, 04:43 PM

So can I just unplug the speakers and the ethernet cord and then remove it from my wall and take it with me for the weekend, then come back and just plug all the line back in and everything should be fine?

ghporter
Administrator
Aug 28, 2006, 05:09 PM

Pardon my frustration, but this is the third thread about networking issues posted in the WRONG FORUM TODAY. And it says specifically in RED in the description for the Peripherals forum that "Networking topics (including AirPort and other 802.11 wireless) have their own forum below."

PLEASE pay attention when posting. You'll get MUCH BETTER help and advice when you post in the correct forum, and you won't clutter other forums with superfluous stuff.

(Grudgingly) moving to Networking...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules