Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Photoshop without registration key

Photoshop without registration key
blueleaf
Dec 20, 2006, 09:41 PM

So I recieved a copy of photoshop from my school, but there is no registration key anywhere to be found. I don't suppose there would be ANY WAY whatsoever to get around this would there? I really don't wanna dish out the money to buy a copy of photoshop...but I really need it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

crazyjohnson
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 20, 2006, 09:46 PM

If you "received a copy from your school" then they should give you a key. Alternatively, your school might have special student pricing for Adobe products. Talk to them rather than pirating software ("getting around" registering/paying).
Change your world and you will change your mind.

blueleaf  (op)
Dec 20, 2006, 09:53 PM

Well there should be a key...there is with all their other software that they give out, its just they don't primarily use macs so I guess the registration key for photoshop just got lost somehow...

Anyways, I was just wondering if there is any "legal" way to get around this...without having to buy a new copy or pirating software.

Also, the photoshop program on the CD is a .pkg does that mean there might be a registration key contained in that package somewhere? Is there any obvious place to look?

Thanks
( Last edited by blueleaf; Dec 20, 2006 at 10:01 PM. )

DoctorW
Forum Regular
Dec 20, 2006, 10:45 PM

You should raise the issue with your school. If you paid for it, it should have come with a key. If it didn't they should get you a copy that does.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 20, 2006, 10:50 PM

A .pkg file is an installer package. That's not how Photoshop normally comes. It sounds like they may have given you the wrong CD. I'd talk to whoever you got it from to clear things up.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

blueleaf  (op)
Dec 20, 2006, 10:55 PM

well I didn't pay for it, but the thing is, my school is not a mac school...so my teacher had to kind of dig this software up in the first place. But he says he's gonna talk to someone to hopefully get a copy, and I will only have to pay $20. I was just asking here to see if theres something I'm missing...

But it seems to be the right CD, because when I click the .pkg file it goes to intaller and installs fine up until the point where i need to input the registration key...

ah well, guess I'll have to just pay for it...

and I can't exactly get it by *ahem* not legal means, because no photoshop torrents for mac seem to be at all healthily seeded or anything. So whatever, thanks for your help.

Forum Links
Forum Rules