Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > why are biz writers always beating steve up??

why are biz writers always beating steve up??
darrick
Forum Regular
Jul 14, 2004, 06:57 AM

i just saw this story telling steve how to run apple (starts out whining that the new iMacs will miss the school purchase season (still in plenty of time for xmas, isn't it?)). this writer seems to think steve is an absolute idiot.

does this happen to other ceos? nobody writers offering up obvious or oblivious advice? if it does, i don't notice it, but i see this sort of story all the time about steve and apple.

despite what mom said, i always thought i was pretty smart, but the thought has never popped into my head that i could do better than steve jobs.

steve is all. all is steve

djohnson
Professional Poster
Jul 14, 2004, 09:46 AM

windowz is be kool and macs suxor.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jul 14, 2004, 12:03 PM

Originally posted by djohnson:
windowz is be kool and macs suxor.
windoz already sux.

-t

killer_735
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 14, 2004, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by darrick:
steve is all. all is steve
By 'all' you mean, 'one messed up unit, who happens to have a good marketing brain and happens to barely have managed not to destroy a company that makes good computers', right?

I admire apple, don't get me wrong, but I admire it for the work of the people who design and build its hardware and software, not its uber-yuppie sellout black turtlenecked, messiah-complex CEO. But to hell with that, nobody has to like him, and I could care less what he does with himself.

Yeah, it's true, if these wankers knew how to run a giant company, they theoretically shouldn't be writing pieces for magazines at $500 a pop.
"Leave it. Leave it, it's fine. It's fine. I WILL DESTROY YOU!" -Morbo

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 14, 2004, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by killer_735:
By 'all' you mean, 'one messed up unit, who happens to have a good marketing brain and happens to barely have managed not to destroy a company that makes good computers', right?
Yup, the same guy that save Apple from death in 97 by barely managing not to destroy a company that makes good computers.

Heh.

I am not a big Steve fan, but I don't think anyone could run THAT company better.

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Jul 14, 2004, 04:21 PM

Steve = Easy Target

With that said, he also likes the attention, either good or bad...I'd rather they talk and make stories about Steve/Apple then to not write about them at all...

With technology...no news is bad news.

Forum Links
Forum Rules