Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > DVD player Hangs ALL THE TIME!

DVD player Hangs ALL THE TIME!
rnp614
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 03:53 AM

Okay so initially I thought this was only a problem with DVD video I would burn myself, but I just got the 2nd season of scrubs and that DVD has major issues playing with the stock DVD player. It just freezes. Then even if I force quit DVD player it wont close and I cant even take out the DVD without restarting!

I'm pulling the hair outta my head. What the F is going on?

Cold Warrior
Feb 11, 2007, 11:56 AM

you could download vlc (video lan client). It may play the discs well. If it doesn't, then the problem is most likely with the discs.

Also you could try deleting any cache or preference files DVD player might have spawned.

rnp614  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 11, 2007, 01:40 PM

and how would I do this cache/preference file deletion?

slpdLoad
Mac Elite
Feb 11, 2007, 01:44 PM

I'm sort of asking a question myself here, but could this occur if DVD is the wrong region? Seems like that may be causing conflict with your DVD drive or the application itself. I'd try VLC and see if it can play it.

Edit: To delete the DVD Player preferences, go to Users > Your name > Library > Preferences > and delete the com.apple.DVDPlayer.plist file.

Forum Links
Forum Rules