Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > My new notebook

My new notebook (Page 3)
Sherwin
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2003, 06:21 AM

Originally posted by kenikov:
Capitalize "you're", and "friggin" isn't even a word. So before you call someone else an idiot, prove that you can judge on that.

I would usually find that offensive, if someone that was actually intelligent told me I was an idiot. In this case, I am not offended since you aren't very intelligent.

Simple, I AM SMARTER THAN YOU.

What do you study in University? Do you do research?
At this juncture I believe I should point out that I was a university lecturer by the age of 21. You're what, 23? You're a friggin' idiot.

(oh, and the design of that Panasonic CD cover ain't the brightest design on the planet - it's gonna break when you rest your left palm on it during typing).

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2003, 06:22 AM

Originally posted by Sherwin:
At this juncture I believe I should point out that I was a university lecturer by the age of 21. You're what, 23? You're a friggin' idiot.

Could we just let this thread die? If everyone would just ignore him he'll get bored and go away.

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2003, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by Mastrap:
Could we just let this thread die? If everyone would just ignore him he'll get bored and go away.
It's entertaining (as many people have stated). Kenny don't mind people ragging on him (obviously, as he wouldn't bother if he did). People don't mind ragging on him. Everybody's happy. If we let this thread die then we're going to have to hope that Kenny spews out another tonight (and let's face it Mas - there's nothing on TV tonight after 7:30).

lemondrop
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2003, 06:39 AM

Originally posted by Sherwin:
Good for ya. It's great some one thinks so highly of you. Too bad it's you. Asshole: shitty competition? Shitty school?
Could care less about tact..

Sherwin
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2003, 06:48 AM

Originally posted by lemondrop:
Good for ya. It's great some one thinks so highly of you. Too bad it's you.
Just pointing out a fact to the more-intelligent-than-everyone-else-(including-you)-on-the-board Kenny.

No need to get jealous. Really.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2003, 07:30 AM

1101100, you were wrong right off the bat. Are you really stupid enough to believe a G4 can beat Cetrino? Cetrino has the G4 on battery-life, power and running cool on a laptop.

Just because the MHz is higher doesn't mean it is better. Cetrino will always have the upper hand over the G4 in a laptop. Live with it, the Panasonic is better.

My parents did buy it for me.

They also pay for my Dentistry School Fees. School for Dentists usually cost the most out of any course, and is harder than to get into than Medical school.

Lots of Asian Dentists
I shouldn't, really. No. Really. I shouldn't.
OK. I will.
Hey guys? Lets go kind of easy here on li'l kenny. He's obviously hurting. He spends his days here at NN posting about... well, stuff. Nothing but brand names. He can have his Beemer. He can have his flashy can't get-it-here notebook. He can head off to his country house the south of France but don't you bother to try and rent anything because they are al full up. He is surrounded with all that is designed to evoke envy. His exclusivity-due-to-cost Dentist schooling. But, let's face it. Stuff is not a substitute for loooooove. LOVE, brothers and sisters. The love Kenny so desperately needs. The love he so pathetically lacks. Lets all show him some of that love brothers and sisters, show him some love so he can get over this "I am the sum total of my Stuff and dammit, my stuff is WAY better than yours" philosophy. Kenny is a hollow boy. He needs to filled with the spirit of our kindness and acceptance.
Let's give Kenny a hug. And then overcharge him for it so he really feels like he got something.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

mrfrost
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2003, 07:40 AM

*hugs*

I mean....*shrugs*

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2003, 07:47 AM

Here's a picture of Bambi. Just to add to the general feeling of brotherly love and goodwill to all. Even future dentists.

Dentists. That reminds me. Had a root canal done. Eyes firmly shut. My eyes, not the doctor's. I'm chicken, I admit it. Only to be asked by my dentist: "Hey, look at this nerve I just pulled out. Looks like a tiny pink worm. You want to keep it?" He's like that. But very competent. And he doesn't believe in inflicting pain.

Anyway, here's Bambi

mrfrost
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2003, 07:47 AM

Aw man, just read this on his website. I had to read it a couple of times to really capture the true essence of the article. That's probably because he is smarter than me though.

Is this the begginning of my homepage? My first article on my site, will be your judgement of this idea. Is it bound to be a failure? Right now...

all I have seem have is a totally incomplete, amateur looking site. Don't expect it to get any better looking, but it will be more complete. So, will this work? Or will this just be another stupid idea like the XFL, George Bush being President, Gordon Campbell getting drunk or going to war against countries that don't even involve your own country?

I, frankly, don't have any idea. I am asking you, to be the judge, since people are often, cruel, critical people. It would be best for my site. First off, let me tell you a bit about my website.

The website, is basically about nothing! It's a homepage made by me for friends, or people I have met over the internet and for any other people I know to come to and talk to me when needed. It will also come in use when someone wants to know a bit more about me or my writing. The writing itself, will be a whole bunch of everyday crap. Many people tell me I should shutup because I am #$!*% annoying and to keep my sinister, evil, twisted thoughts and jokes to myself. Well how about I do half of that? I will shutup BUT I will write my thoughts to the public, doing half of what you bitter bastards asked for!

In short, it will be about my daily observations and things I find interesting. You will be able to freely reply to me (I am sure you will be eager to tell me off after reading what I write). In fact, the only messageboard that doesn't require a membership is the article discussions! How free you are! See, I care about people, no matter what those other jerkasses say!

Enjoy the witty writing and please keep in mind that I am only joking. If you seriously take my comments into consideration...seek therapy.

dav
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2003, 07:57 AM

hugs and recipes
surreal gourmet

Link
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2003, 08:00 AM

I've found that by average, most asians are quite hostile about macs... :shrug: weird but ok.

It's..a stupid... stereotype

:shrug: I'm planning on (if things permit), getting a 17" powerbook in the near future, it'll probably be a revision or so down the road but I figure as long as I can find a nice light sleeve-like laptop case it'll be fine.. and well worth the size and extra WHOOPING pound.

When I go to college I'll probably have a 40lb backpack on my back anyway.. what's an extra pound going to do?
Aloha

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2003, 08:18 AM

I own a cashmere Armani Jacket. Actually, it is no longer in style, no longer fits me and is no longer worn, but I own one.
I am not hostile toward Macs. Even misbehaving Macs.
I am not Asian.
I do not drive a Beemer. Or a Navigator. Or a Porsche. In fact, if someone says the word "Porsche", I hear "Portia" and start wondering if I'd rather play Shylock, Antonio or Gobbo. Then I think, "Hey. I don't have to choose. Everyone knows the parts choose you."
I have not been to the dentist in a few years. Then again, I have never had a cavity.
I have been a guest lecturer. I did a stint as instructor in a Master Class- acting, you know. Yes. I am that good. Why, oh why does Trevor Nunn not know about me?
I have also instructed a University ITO staff on OSX Admin-ing and maintenance. The money I made from that was not thrown at a flashy notebook or phat rims for my ride. It was thrown at debt.
I am not a dentist nor do I have any plans to be one. I did, however, go fishing with one last sunday. He is a good guy. He skippered the boat.
I am of the firm belief that a G4 will whup the beejeebus out of a Centrino in just about any performance test. Pipelines. All about pipelines.
I do not care much about benchmarks.
I do care about "best tool for the user and the job".
I feel it is nice to say, "you are not your stuff", but, as we all know, some people really ARE their stuff.
I do not have a paypal account and am unlikely to get one.
I do shop at BJs.
Architosh does not interest me at all... and I have tried. GOD knows I have tried.
I have met professors who were downright stupid.
Sometimes, early in the morning, I make silly lists.
I find it easy to conmprehend and speak Shakespeare. I cannot pull a molar perform gum reconstruction.
I do not charge outlandish and exhorbitant fees to perform a soliloquy from Titus Andronicus. I may charge a small fee to perform from King John, but anyone who would want such a thing would probably enjoy a nice trip to the dentist.
I could have bought the motorola 2.4GHz cordless phone. I bought 3 radio shack 2.4 cordless phones instead.
The world needs dentists. The world also needs garbage men. A garbage man may think he is better than the dentist, is probably far more important, but the garbage man would probably not say so.
When my cell phone died, I could have bought the cell phone with the camera, color screen, defibrillator, taser, games and mp3 player. Instead, I got a phone. A rather nice if homely Nokia. It makes calls. It also receives them. It will also let me know if someone has left me a voice mail. I am pretty sure it does more, but I do not care.
I found out what a Trogdor was three weeks ago.
I have never been slash dotted and only found out what that meant a year ago.
Dentistry does not impress me any more than basket weaving. I cannot do either. Lots of people cannot perform component isolation troubleshooting either, which I think is rather easy.
Right now, I am listening to Lou Reed. Because I feel like it.
( Last edited by maxelson; Aug 7, 2003 at 08:48 AM. )

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 7, 2003, 08:44 AM

They also pay for my Dentistry School Fees. School for Dentists usually cost the most out of any course, and is harder than to get into than Medical school.
Yeah because they make the most money first year out.

But it's not like you'll be a real doctor. More like a glorified barber.

Link
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2003, 09:20 AM

maxelson: loved that post.. funny I didn't know what a trodor was for a while myself and I actually DO check strongbad emails every now and then....

Face Ache: The guy's a pretentious jerk.. I couldn't give a *(#$ if he drove a BMW beemer, was going to the most expensive college in the country, had 3 computers and got new ones every 6 months, and a $1200 designer desk..

He's still scum.
Aloha

sniffer
Professional Poster
Aug 7, 2003, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by maxelson:
Blablalbalalbalbal.

Bla blabla bla yadda yadda.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla blah bla.

Bla bla .. eh.. bla bla bla bla bla yadda yadda bla bla bla.

Right now, I am listening to Lou Reed. Because I feel like it.
Lou Reed is pretty nice.

(.. another useless post closer "addicted to macnn" for me...)
( Last edited by sniffer; Aug 7, 2003 at 10:32 AM. )

Sniffer gone old-school sig

Eciton
Forum Regular
Aug 7, 2003, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by maxelson:
Lets all show him some of that love brothers and sisters, show him some love so he can get over this "I am the sum total of my Stuff and dammit, my stuff is WAY better than yours" philosophy. Kenny is a hollow boy. He needs to filled with the spirit of our kindness and acceptance.
Let's give Kenny a hug. And then overcharge him for it so he really feels like he got something.
ROFL

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Aug 7, 2003, 10:40 AM

Michael_Jackson
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 7, 2003, 11:29 AM

GET BACK HERE Kenny, you need to say something so we can all bash you again.

Demonhood
Administrator
Aug 7, 2003, 12:10 PM

yes, you're all very smart.

here's a bumper sticker:

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Aug 7, 2003, 01:59 PM

yeah. and whatever happened at the other forums, you're certainly being asked to leave here.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

Forum Links
Forum Rules