Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Brits Studying in the United States.

Brits Studying in the United States.
:XI:
Mac Elite
Aug 11, 2003, 07:37 PM

I'm thinking about going to the States to study (Sept '04) the only thing that's concerning me is funding. I'm not wealthy and neither is my family.

I've heard from one source that it is difficult for foreign students to get funding and from another that it is easy to get funding.

So, anyone know for sure? Any brits here that are studying (or have studied) in the states?

mzllr
Aug 11, 2003, 08:12 PM

one good thing about us colleges is that if you look hard enough you can find a scholarship for just about everything... when i was in high school, i was able to apply for a scholarship just b/c i'm left handed... seriously.

i found these after a google search, i didn't look into to them too much, but hopefully they'll help you reach your goal:

http://www.studyabroad.com/forum/financial_aid.html
http://www.iefa.org/

good luck...
( Last edited by mzllr; Aug 11, 2003 at 10:40 PM. )

Michael_Jackson
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 11, 2003, 08:51 PM

it is quite easy to get funding in the US. and, unlike the UK, if you like studying abroad here, you can easily take up residence.

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2003, 10:09 PM

Originally posted by Michael_Jackson:
it is quite easy to get funding in the US. and, unlike the UK, if you like studying abroad here, you can easily take up residence.
its probably easier for someone outside of the country to get funding then someone here...my wife tried to get money but i guess i make too much money which is BS. but good luck anyhow

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

:XI:  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2003, 01:46 PM

Sorry, it took so long to reply, phone problems (OK, someone erm... 'forgot' to pay the bill...)
Thanks for the links, I'll take a look.

Forum Links
Forum Rules