Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Help Needed. 10.2 and iMac CD-RW not getting along.

Help Needed. 10.2 and iMac CD-RW not getting along.
maximusbibicus
Forum Regular
Jul 14, 2003, 11:05 PM

Okay, i need help on this guys and gals.

I just sold a slot load iMac, 500mhz model to someone, and it seems the internal burner has died.

I delivered the system on Thursday, and on Friday, the CD-RW quit. This is the 8X unit.

The night before, i burnt several CD's, backing up my files before giving it to the buyer, no problems. Total of 6 months, and about 50 cd's
burnt, not even one error message.

Now, the new owner has a fresh install of Jaguar, and cannot burn. This is using either Toast 5, iTunes, or disk copy.

Here is the error message he is getting with iTunes:"Disc burning failed because an unknown error occured (0x80020022)"

Any ideas? I am almost sure its not a hardware issue. He has since reinstalled Jaguar, and the same thing occurs.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Peter

Forum Links
Forum Rules