Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > MightyMouse submissions

MightyMouse submissions
TheZee
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 24, 2004, 11:28 AM

Can someone tell me where there might be a place to submit MightyMouse cursor sets that I have created. I'd like to share the sets with y'all. I did submit one or two of my creations to Resexcellence.com in the past but it seems that they are presently offline. I think I might just put them out here @ MACNN for my Mac brothers and sistahhs.
Peace,
TheZee
MacBook Aluminum Unibody, 2GHz Intel Core duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, OS X 10.5.7

smeger
Mac Elite
Aug 24, 2004, 05:25 PM

Resexcellence has the "official" archive, but they're having server issues.

Show 'em here!
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2004, 03:38 AM

Thanks for the heads up on ResExcellence smeger. I do hope Res gets up and running again. I thought their site was fantastic. Well OK then. You asked for it. I will get my sets in order and post them here. Do you happen to know how I go about attaching the files into my posts ??? I am not sure how to do that. Please advise. Thanks.
Peace,
TheZee

RampantResEx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 25, 2004, 07:12 AM

Now that the back end server stuff is all configd at ResEx the galleries are starting to come back to life. You may email any submissions to me instead of waiting for our upload page to come back online. New gui content should start reappearing in the archives next Monday.

Many are anxious for our full return, myself included, having to recode and upload all pages for virtual includes and ad codes is time consuming. Thanks for your patience!

~Scott

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 25, 2004, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by RampantResEx:
Now that the back end server stuff is all configd at ResEx the galleries are starting to come back to life. You may email any submissions to me instead of waiting for our upload page to come back online. New gui content should start reappearing in the archives next Monday.

Many are anxious for our full return, myself included, having to recode and upload all pages for virtual includes and ad codes is time consuming. Thanks for your patience!

~Scott
You think you could maybe also catagorize icon artists, wallpaper submissions ?
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 25, 2004, 09:47 PM

Scott,
Thanks for the heads up on ResExcellence coming back to life. You guys are awesome. Your site really is the leader and main resource for many GUI enthusiasts such as myself. That is fantastic that you got all that done in such short time. I commend your work and efforts. I will get my MightyMouse Cursor Sets together and email them to the address you provided. Hope you like them. Did you want the files in .zip , .sit , .dmg format or can I just email you the actual MightyMouse file as is ??? Please advise. Thanks.
Peace,
TheZee

RampantResEx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2004, 07:13 AM

"Did you want the files in .zip , .sit , .dmg format or can I just email you the actual MightyMouse file as is ???"

Sender's choice Whatever format works best for you.

"You think you could maybe also catagorize icon artists, wallpaper submissions ?"

The thought is already there but first priority is to get things back up as quickly as possible, new features would have to be done later.

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2004, 07:35 AM

Scott,
I emailed you some of my cursor sets for you to look at. If they are not up to par with what you are looking for can you let me know so that I can improve on the designs ? Thanks buddy. Looking forward to the new and improved ResExcellence. Your work is greatly appreciated by me and I think all Mac GUI enthusiasts.
Peace,
TheZee

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 26, 2004, 07:41 AM

Can someone enlighten me on how I go about putting a file into a post like this ? I'd like to post some of my MightyMouse cursor set creations here but I am not too clear on how to attach the files to a post.
Peace,
TheZee

Fonzie
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 26, 2004, 08:23 AM

Originally posted by TheZee:
Can someone enlighten me on how I go about putting a file into a post like this ? I'd like to post some of my MightyMouse cursor set creations here but I am not too clear on how to attach the files to a post.
Peace,
you can't attach files to your posts here at MacNN. How many mb are me talking about? Because I could host them untill ResExcellence get's back on it's feet.
There's No Offposition On the Genius Switch - David Letterman

smeger
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2004, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by TheZee:
Peace,
You need to get them hosted somewhere first, so that you've got an address you can type into the location bar of your web browser that results in your file getting downloaded. Then, type the following without the space before the word "url":

[ url=http://www.someserver.com/somepath/myGroovyIcons.dmg]Click me[/url] to download!
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

TheZee  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 27, 2004, 04:00 AM

smeger & Fonzie,
YoU RoCk !!! Thanks for the info on attaching my MightyMouse cursor set creations to posts here at MacNN. I recent corresponded with Scott from ResExcellence and he asked me to email him some of my sets. I did and he really liked them he said that he is going to definitely add them to Res's MightyMouse Cursor Set archive. He said Res should be up and running by this Monday. I would still like to share them with y'all here @ MacNN. So talk to me about hosting and what I have to do to obtain a host and any other info you can give me on that subject. I am new to the game of website design and hosting. As a matter of fact, I haven't a clue about it. I am a fast learner though so any guidance will quickly be absorbed into my grey matter.

Fonzie,
I'd be up for that if you can host my MightyMouse Cursor Sets. What do I have to do to get them to you ? We're not talking about much megas. Each file is anywhere from 160kb - 600kb. I have quite a selection of really cool sets so given that file memory info I just gave you, you can tell me how many you want and BAM !!! You'll have them my Mac Brothahh. If it's too much trouble for you, no sweat. I'll just keep posting them on the Resexcellent site.

Until later then . . .

Peace,
TheZee

Forum Links
Forum Rules