Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Will there be a new black powerbook?

Will there be a new black powerbook?
eyes on me
May 19, 2005, 01:01 AM

I would like to buy a new laptop in black since my 2 laptop are in white & silver. I know there is a black powerbook before the silver one came. But I wanted it to be the latest which is the silver one. When will the mac people be creating a new one and if so it will be still silver?

auero
May 19, 2005, 01:09 AM

I see no reason not to make it silver.

.tony. .riot.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 19, 2005, 01:15 AM

I love it silver/white. That's a way to tell them apart from the rest laptops from a distance.

.tony. .riot.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 19, 2005, 01:16 AM

Though, a black powerbook with the white apple would be pretty hot.

Alezone
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2005, 01:21 AM

my G4 is black with white logo customized
"You don't lead by hitting people over the head... that's assault, not leadership."

ericssonboi
Dedicated MacNNer
May 19, 2005, 01:57 AM

15" 2.33 MBP 2GB Ram, 120GB HD - Main Rig

iboy
May 19, 2005, 02:14 AM

wowww... but is it also possible matt finish?

grüessli

iboy
Al 15" Powerbook 1.67GHz / 1GB RAM / 64MB VRAM / Superdrive

Powerbook
Mac Elite
May 20, 2005, 10:40 AM

While I'd really like to see more black Powerbooks (style Lombard, Pismo), I'm not so sure of these repainting jobs. Especially not with the unmatching silver/white keyboard and trackpad! :-(

Regards,
PB.
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

belldandy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2005, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Powerbook
While I'd really like to see more black Powerbooks (style Lombard, Pismo), I'm not so sure of these repainting jobs. Especially not with the unmatching silver/white keyboard and trackpad! :-(

Regards,
PB.
So, a Black finish powerbook with matching black keyboard. Just turn on the back-led keyboard all the time =D

Personally, I am getting sick of Silver finish products. The Razor 3 cell phone, the powerbook, the home theater equipments.... =(

MORT A POTTY
Senior User
May 20, 2005, 02:20 PM

I tell you, I'd love to see Apple make a carbon fiber black PowerBook... that would be awesome! I love the design of the pismo - Kanga. I don't like the bronze keyboard though that's on the lombard and pismo. just... rather it be black. they could go with a gun-metal gray and I'd be fine with that too, but I don't want a metal powerbook... Metal is nice, but they need a VERY strong, lightweight material... Carbon Fiber is the best material for the job, bar none. it's just kinda pricey... but then again, the current ones are made of friggin' aluminum... but they dent so easily!

so yeah, I agree. bring back the black powerbooks. but make 'em carbon fiber this time instead of plastic. this will help out on the weight as well. with two batteries in a Pismo, it's pretty heavy, but worth it.

ccsccs7
Mac Enthusiast
May 21, 2005, 12:34 AM

I just got my 12" Powerbook this week. It's metal. lol, it's a bit weird after having a plastic iBook (well, it was ice, not snow) for so long. But I love its smalleer size and weight.
12" Powerbook 1.5GHz/SuperDrive, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HD, Airport Extreme, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
iBook (Late 2001)600MHz/Combo, 640MB RAM, 20GB HD, Airport, Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther — web server

MilkmanDan
Mac Elite
May 21, 2005, 01:32 PM

Man... I hope the next line looks like the Pismo.... and with a G5 and two battery slots...

hldan
Mac Elite
May 21, 2005, 07:52 PM

iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
May 21, 2005, 09:39 PM

carbon fiber=hot
iamwhor3hay