Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > acrobat standard vs. pro

acrobat standard vs. pro
mac128k-1984
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2007, 08:04 AM

Any acrobat 8.0 users?
I'm looking to upgrade my version of adobe acrobat and I'm a little confused by the feature set. It seems the professional version has a few (very few) bells and whistles over the standard flavor but to be honest I don't think I'll be using them especially as a mac user (the windows pro has more features). I'm going from version 6 professional and the cost is 150 for the pro upgrade and a c-note for the standard upgrade.

Additionally I can download the std upgrade from adobe instead of waiting for the discs

Thanks in advance.
Michael

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 20, 2007, 09:37 AM

Huh? I didn't think there was an Acrobat 8 Standard option this year? Only Professional.

Where do you see a Standard v8 - Mac option on Adobe's site?

mac128k-1984  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by rickey939 View Post
Huh? I didn't think there was an Acrobat 8 Standard option this year? Only Professional.
Ooh, your right, I didn't notice the platform at the adobe store showing windows - that would have been an expensive mistake

Thanks
Michael

glypht
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2007, 01:01 PM

We bought Acrobat 8 Pro a few weeks ago, it's very good. Like you we upgraded from 6 Pro, and it's definitely worth the money. Shared revisions and being able to create forms than can be filled in and saved by people with Reader are worth the upgrade cost alone, plus it's faster and prettier.

Go for it!

mac128k-1984  (op)
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2007, 01:04 PM

Yeah, I've been struggling with 6.0 myself, so I'll snag a copy either from amazon or pcconnection.com
Michael

Forum Links
Forum Rules