Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Few Suggestions...

Few Suggestions...
Silent
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2010, 07:55 AM

Hi,

first I would love to say that I love this forum. It is very active, and seems to be very experienced. Obviously, due to the long years this forum has been running. But to make it better(opinion), I think the following should be implemented:
  • Introduction Thread - This would be great forum new comers like myself. I will be able to introduce myself, and get to know the community in a fashionable matter.
  • More Boards - Well, I am looking to be more specific in things. I think this forum should add more boards on certain parts. For example; Let's say in the 'iPod/iPhone/iPad' board. There should be more sub-boards added. Such as, 'Applications', etc. Instead of clouding it in the main index.
  • Review Section - I have been looking around the internet to find a iPad forum that has a nice community so that I can create iPad reviews(mainly applications). But I have not done so, because there aren't any that took me in at first glance. This one did though. Therefore I think this forum should have a board for, 'Application Reviews' or something along those lines.
---

That is all I have for now.

Thank you,
Silent
( Last edited by Silent; Nov 30, 2010 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Just wanted to Subscribe to this thread...)

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2010, 10:40 AM

We do actually have a forum where some people (mostly me) do reviews of apps. It's the iPhone Application forum. There just haven't been any for a while, and I don't own an iOS device anymore.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2010, 11:03 AM

Also, this is an introduction thread of sorts:

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...macnn-profile/

The "more sub-forums" suggestion is bandied about regularly, but the general gist is that it doesn't make sense to create sub-forums for subjects that are rarely touched upon. If you have a sub-forum with only two or three posts a week, it's probably better to leave it in the main forum.

P
Nov 30, 2010, 11:49 AM

Re introduction thread: Try the Lounge. There's a sticky thread there.

I personally think that we have too many subforums, but perhaps they could be organized differently. A complete reorg is not trivial though. I have also thought about iOS apps though, but then I'm not active in that forum, so I don't really know if a subforum is really required.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Silent  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 1, 2010, 08:09 AM

It is quite hard to find things here. Also that is only for iPhone applications. I am looking to create iPad applications reviews with pictures etc.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2010, 08:31 AM

that sub forum should just be renamed to iOS Applications and be done with it. it's description already includes all the current iOS devices anyway.

andi*pandi
Dec 1, 2010, 09:11 AM

^has been discussed. I think we're holding out on iHouse and iCar before making the changes.

residentEvil
Professional Poster
Dec 1, 2010, 09:31 AM

don't forget the iToilet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules