Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Missing iDVD after Panther Install?

Missing iDVD after Panther Install?
Daracle
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2004, 03:49 PM

I just went to Panther from Jaguar and I noticed I dont have iDVD
Anyone give me some idea of whats going on?
Did I miss something somewhere?

Axo1ot1
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2004, 03:52 PM

Did you do a clean install? If you did you will have to reinstall your OS from the software restore disk and then upgrade to panther. Have you tried searching for it? More info plz.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2004, 03:55 PM

iDVD is *not* part of the 10.3 package, so if you did an erase and install you will have wiped it out. You should be able to extract it from your software restore disks using Pacifist.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

schk
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2004, 04:24 PM

Originally posted by Mr. Blur:
iDVD is *not* part of the 10.3 package, so if you did an erase and install you will have wiped it out. You should be able to extract it from your software restore disks using Pacifist.
You don't even need pacifist to install iDVD. Just get the software restore disc that came with your powerbook and install the software restore application from it. There is an option to install iDVD only.

Daracle  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2004, 04:58 PM

Ah....Alright
Yeah, I did do a clean install....
Keep in mind this is my first apple

I booted from 10.2 disk
Formated and didnt know how to take the disk out.
So then after awhile, I decided to just install Jag again to take the disk out

then I started thinking with my head once again after a laps, and boot from the new Panther disk. Format the drive. Try to do a clean install and it tells me it cannot do it as there is not an older version on my computer. I since learned how to take the disk out and then had to install Jag again, then put on Panther.

Im not normally that bad with computers....In fact I am a support person for PCs, but this apple world is brand new to me.

sweetymac
Forum Regular
Jul 24, 2005, 02:02 PM

I have a similar problem, but im confused by your responses so i have to ask something. I had gotten my imac g5 fixed and they did a re install after that no idvd program, now what i was given with the mac is 2 installation discs but no ilife cd. Does that mean i have to totalaly install EVERYTHING, im new to mac and really slow in understanding everything so im sorry if you answered this question but i dont get it. Is it supposed to come with ilife or is ilife on the restore cd? i just want idvd installed this is it. And i dont know what pacifist program is that you are talking about. If someone can please help me that would be great n sorry if i repeated the question.

Forum Links
Forum Rules