Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PC crashed...wish my powerbook was here...

PC crashed...wish my powerbook was here...
Arch.
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2003, 10:19 PM

Its toast...should I wast my time fixing it? This is the 2nd time in three weeks....

ichibod
Mar 31, 2003, 10:31 PM

Originally posted by Arch.:
Its toast...should I wast my time fixing it? This is the 2nd time in three weeks....
I hear that, one of my hard drives died today, out of the blue, for no reason at all. It had been working fine since I got it. I cannot wait until my PB gets here Wednesday.

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2003, 10:32 PM

didn't get it ..where is your powerbook?
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

Wet Jimmy
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2003, 10:32 PM

What kind of a post is this? Why are you asking the nameless internet masses whether or not you should fix a PC - you haven't even provided specs or information on the nature of the problem.

More pointless PC bashing.

I can't wait until my 17" Powerbook turns up so that ever single time I have a problem with it I can come here and post about how unreliable and crap Mac's are...

iohead
Mar 31, 2003, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by ichibod:
I hear that, one of my hard drives died today, out of the blue, for no reason at all. It had been working fine since I got it. I cannot wait until my PB gets here Wednesday.
Must be a PC hard drive

Arch.  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2003, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by Wet Jimmy:
What kind of a post is this? Why are you asking the nameless internet masses whether or not you should fix a PC - you haven't even provided specs or information on the nature of the problem.

I can't wait until my 17" Powerbook turns up so that ever single time I have a problem with it I can come here and post about how unreliable and crap Mac's are...

What the hell are you some kind of f-ucking troll?
Go to hell.
( Last edited by Arch.; Mar 31, 2003 at 10:47 PM. )

Patcarla
Mac Elite
Mar 31, 2003, 10:45 PM

Go to hell.
Oh god, I love MacNN..
Powerbook 1.67ghz 15" (100GB HD, 128MB VRAM, 1.5GB RAM)

Arch.  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2003, 10:52 PM

I just put this HD in the machine a week ago! I hope the virus scan finds something....

ichibod
Mar 31, 2003, 11:01 PM

I just put this HD in the machine a week ago! I hope the virus scan finds something....
blah blah blah. someone does it to you, you do it to someone else to feel better. blah blah blah.

Arch.  (op)
Forum Regular
Mar 31, 2003, 11:03 PM

blah blah blah. someone does it to you, you do it to someone else to feel better. blah blah blah.
?

Wet Jimmy
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2003, 11:30 PM

Go to hell.
No thanks, I find it too amusing to stay here and read your asinine posts

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2003, 01:42 AM

Yea, I can't even count how many times my pc has crashed before I finally moved over to Mac.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Vond
Apr 1, 2003, 02:31 AM

Umm... I can't wait to see the look on your face the first time your Mac's hard drive suffers a hardware failure. Windows doesn't cause hard drive (hardware) failures any more than Mac hardware or Linux software fixes them.

Best quote from my gf when her Pismo's hard disk failed: "Of course I haven't been keeping backups, this is a Mac, it's not supposed to crash!"

(Luckily I got the drive up and running one last time (by the old freezer trick) to get her data off it!)

PoisonTooth
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2003, 03:09 AM

Originally posted by Wet Jimmy:

Thank GOD someone sees this.

People, newsflash: Macs aren't crashproof.

PoisonTooth
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2003, 03:17 AM

Go to hell.
What, he's a troll because he's a wee bit logical and doesn't worship Macs as crashproof, perfect machines? My TiBook 1Ghz has been very, very stable, but no more so than my hand-built WinXP Pro box. If you can't accept that a modern OS on good hardware can be as stable and nice-to-use as another, then you're in denial. I've noticed the whole "PCs crash, Macs rule" mindset for a number of months, and it's just plain silly. Under your logic, if a Mac user has a technical issue, he should immediately begin wishing for a Windows machine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules