Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > unpair a bluetooth mouse

unpair a bluetooth mouse
daqman
Forum Regular
Oct 18, 2003, 08:08 AM

I got a new Apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse delivered at work yesterday. Being a Friday and a little excited to play with the new hardware I pulled the mouse out of the box and paired it with a co-worker's Powerbook. Worked great. Now it's Saturday morning and I'm trying to pair the mouse with my own Mac at home and it isn't seen. I'm using a D-link adapter here and the keyboard (new out of box) works fine.

After reading about it seems that if the mouse is paired then I have to unpair before using with another machine. Ok I should have thought of that, did I say it was Friday and I was excited to have the new hardware? Anyway the PB paired with my mouse is on it's way to a week long conference and I'm hitting my head on the wall.

Is there any way of resetting the mouse bact to factory condition??? I tried taking the batteries out and I can't see a reset button or anything similar inside.
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

Forum Links
Forum Rules