Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Same ole Sh!t

Same ole Sh!t
Krusty
Professional Poster
Dec 10, 2004, 05:15 AM

I have to admit. I wish Kerry had won for nothing more than a change in dynamic of this forum. As it stands, we have the same power structure, and the same bunch of arguments being placed by everyone. Woulda been nice to see a real shake-up in the political landscape just so we could see how people's perspectives changed (or stayed the same) under a new regime. As is ... we get the same tired diatribe from both sides.

Athens
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 10, 2004, 05:56 AM

Originally posted by Krusty:
I have to admit. I wish Kerry had won for nothing more than a change in dynamic of this forum. As it stands, we have the same power structure, and the same bunch of arguments being placed by everyone. Woulda been nice to see a real shake-up in the political landscape just so we could see how people's perspectives changed (or stayed the same) under a new regime. As is ... we get the same tired diatribe from both sides.
I think the only way things are going to change for the US is when there are more then just 2 parties. Here we have good dynamics in politics, the Liberals, NDP, Bloc and The Conservative Party as major players and then the Green Party.
Blandine Bureau 1940 - 2011
Missed 2012 by 3 days, RIP Grandma :-(

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Dec 10, 2004, 08:58 AM

How would a Kerry win have changed the power structure of these forums? The admins are who they are, nobody bet their administratorship on the election's outcome, and there is no one with any power other than them.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Forum Links
Forum Rules