Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail in Yosemite keeps showing over 90,000 incoming messages

Mail in Yosemite keeps showing over 90,000 incoming messages
ClaraT
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2014, 01:11 PM

Ok here we go. Mail is wigging out on my one day old MacBook Pro with Retina running Yosemite.

Mail Activity shows 99,000 Incoming Messages and the blue line keeps filling up over and over and over. There's no way I have that many messages. Plus when I open Gmail and a personal account the newest message in Gmail is from 2011, the personal ones from 2013.

I won't go into the issue of not being able to send from the servers I have used for the past 7 years. That's for another thread.

Can anyone explain this Mail Activity issue and why I can't see messages from today, yesterday, last week, last month, this year?

I spent all afternoon at the Apple Store yesterday and can't spend time again getting back there.

Thanks.

OreoCookie
Dec 4, 2014, 01:34 PM

Are you sure you've use Migration Assistant to move your mails (and other user data)? Because it sounds as if you haven't and all the mails on the server are being downloaded again.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

donaldkepler
Dec 8, 2014, 06:49 AM

yes, right !
That can be a reason.

Moreover, you can connect an external drive with Mac and copy the ‘Mail’ folder (located in User Library folder) (Go menu and select Library). In easy way, hold ‘option’ key and drag Mail folder to the destination drive. On the other hand, copy preferences files also (located in Macintosh HD → Users → Your User Folder → Library → Preferences) with an extension com.apple.mail.plist

Forum Links
Forum Rules