Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Airport

Airport
daqman
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2000, 08:42 PM

Well I have osx installed but it's not much use to me as it stands. I have a G3 powerbook and a G4 cube. My link to the outside world is a cable modem. Unfortunately the modem is nowhere near either mac, they are linked to the modem via internal airport cards and a base station. This is great on OS9 especially with the powerbook which roams the house.
Anyway the airport isn't supported by the beta of MacOS X so I'm stuck unless I sit in the room with the modem with a wire stuck in the back of the powerbook.

Has anyone rebuilt the kernel or come up with a way to use airport with MacOS X. Alternatively has anyone got news of any possible update from Apple without waiting for next March/April/May/...
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

Forum Links
Forum Rules