Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Anyone got an iPad 3G shipping notice yet?

Anyone got an iPad 3G shipping notice yet?
daqman
Forum Regular
Apr 26, 2010, 07:57 AM

Last week I got my iPad camera kit. It was shipped on Monday and arrived on Friday. It came all the way from China so I assume the iPads are coming the same way.

According to an email I got from Apple the 3G iPads should be delivered on Friday April 30th. To make that deadline they have to ship either today or tomorrow. My order status is still "not shipped". Has anyone got a status of shipped yet?
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 26, 2010, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by daqman View Post
Last week I got my iPad camera kit. It was shipped on Monday and arrived on Friday. It came all the way from China so I assume the iPads are coming the same way.

According to an email I got from Apple the 3G iPads should be delivered on Friday April 30th. To make that deadline they have to ship either today or tomorrow. My order status is still "not shipped". Has anyone got a status of shipped yet?
During the 3GS rollout, the shipping notifications were bizarre leading up to the day they were supposed to get there. Apple rolls pretty deep with fedex, it looks like fedex gets the devices and holds them to ensure delivery ONLY happens on the day required. You will get it Friday.

daqman  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2010, 07:30 PM

As of this evening both of my iPad 3G orders (home and work accounts) show a status of "Prepared for Shipment". This is generally what is known as good news.

Thinkalot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 27, 2010, 08:02 PM

I have been SO frustrated trying to find out when my 3G would ship as so many of you have. I am on a business trip where I expected to have it to demonstrate to 1000 teachers and called Apple last night to get an update. I had selected Express Overnight shipping for delivery and pre-ordered my 3G on March 12 first thing in the morning. I called last night (Tuesday) and the agent told me Express Shipping wouldn't help and refunded the money. She assured me I would have it this Friday. I checked my order status all day and at 5:00 PM Chicago the order finally says "prepared for shipment." It is shipping from China. Go figure! Maybe it really will happen! I will post if it does!

daqman  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2010, 08:22 PM

I'm not so much worried about when it arrives as knowing it is on it's way. My main issue is with Fedex who have a bad habit of trying to deliver to houses in the middle of the day when nobody is home. Last time I printed out the "pre-sign" form and taped it to the door. The neighbor said that Fedex slowed down, saw no cars on the drive and just drove off. When I have a firm date for delivery I'm going to stay and work from home but I need to give some advanced notice for that so people don't throw meetings on my calendar and make me have to physically be at work.

butter71
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2010, 08:31 PM

my credit card was authorized/billed today for my 64G/3G model. apple.com account status still says "not yet shipped/ships late april."

i did order before the april 30 shipping cutoff, so i'm expecting it on friday.

yay!

I'mDaMac
Senior User
Apr 28, 2010, 02:16 AM

Mine is prepared for shipment. I ordered the Apple case with it and it's not shipping 'til May 5th. Once the iPad ships I'm going to try and cancel the case and try my luck at one of the local Apple stores.
Who'sDaMac?

butter71
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2010, 02:19 AM

mine, as of 11pm PDT, is now "prepared for shipment".

Eden Aurora
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2010, 12:34 AM

12:33am on Thursday April 29th.

My status shows "Prepared for Shipment"

Better get to me by tomorrow as promised! or else~!
I eat turtle soup for breakfast

daqman  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2010, 06:22 AM

Just checking email at the start of the day and there is one shipping notice from Apple send 5:34 EDT.

I have two orders but only one has shipped at this point, strangely it's the later of the two orders, a 64 GB model. The 16 GB I ordered hasn't shipped.

Eden Aurora
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2010, 07:35 AM

5:18am "SHIPPED" my 64 GB model.
Says i should have it Friday by 3pm.

Hello Daddy, hello Mom......chchchhchch....this is the Cherry Bomb!
I eat turtle soup for breakfast

DoraExplorer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2010, 10:36 AM

I ordered mine on March 12 at 5:34 AM PDT, and it's still just "Prepared for Shipment". It's been prepared for two days now! Why isn't it shipped?

Irunnoft
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2010, 11:01 AM

I got an email this morning at 8:46 stating that my 3G 64GB iPad I ordered on April 7th had been shipped. Two days ago, the status on the order changed to "prepared for shipment". Today it finally came across as being shipped. Mine is coming from somewhere in PA - NOT China. It shows a delivery date of 4/30 by no later than 4:30pm.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2010, 11:11 AM

None of these are coming from China - they're all in distribution centers in the US. I already have the Wifi model, but a co-worker's 64 gig 3G model will be delivered tomorrow by 10:30 am.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

scottiB
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2010, 12:05 PM

Yep. Looks like they were all pre-staged during the week. Very smart.
My 64/3G will be delivered tomorrow by 3:30 pm.

DoraExplorer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2010, 05:22 PM

2:21 PM PDT and still no shipping notice . . .
( Last edited by DoraExplorer; Apr 29, 2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: update)

DoraExplorer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2010, 05:26 PM

OMG! I just checked AppleStore again, and it will be delivered by 3:00 PM tomorrow. What a relief.

Thinkalot
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2010, 06:42 PM

I'm delighted to say that my iPad 3G will be here tomorrow as well. We're talking victory!

I'mDaMac
Senior User
Apr 29, 2010, 10:51 PM

Mine will also be here by 3pm tomorrow. The Apple case I ordered also shipped but from China. I didn't get a chance to cancel it but it will be here by Monday at least. I already bought a Griffin Elan Sleeve in anticipation...
Who'sDaMac?

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2010, 08:55 AM

Ahhhhh, I remember the anticipation of waiting for my iPad to ship and then the wait for it to actually be delivered. Good times.

Enjoy everyone - it really is a sweet device. Load up your iTunes account because you'll be downloading LOTS of cool apps.

-Q-
Apr 30, 2010, 02:24 PM

Awesome. It really was like Christmas morning when that FedEx guy rolled up my driveway. Enjoy the new iPads, everyone.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 30, 2010, 03:50 PM

Our office iPad is not getting here until Monday due to a shipping mixup. Bah.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

I'mDaMac
Senior User
Apr 30, 2010, 05:58 PM

Got mine! Left work early to run errands and get home quick. Syncing as I type. Wondering why there is a Waiting for activation notice while it's syncing...
Who'sDaMac?

Forum Links
Forum Rules