Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Blue discoloring?

Blue discoloring?
kaido
Forum Regular
Aug 17, 2006, 11:35 PM

My righthand wristpad looks, well, bruised. Kind of a blue jeans blue, two splotches I have an invisibleSHIELD on it, but I don't want to peel it off to see if it's the plastic or not because I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the shield back on. Has anyone else's turned blue?

brokenjago
Mac Elite
Aug 18, 2006, 02:42 AM

There have been reports of MacBooks discoloring over time. Apple has acknowledged the issue, and will cover it under warranty.
Linkinus is king.

tjash1991
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2006, 03:09 PM

Yes,

my macbook has no shields or anything on it and it keeps turning blue. The keys I use most turn blue, the wristpad turns blue, the trackpad turns blue. Every-time!

I dont ever use pens, and if I do, they are black. I also have been washing my hands and arms before using it, and it still happens.

I still have 2 days left of my 14 to return it, would apple exhange it if I told them.

Also I have been getting it off with nail polish remover, should I leave the blue that appers and show the apple store or tell them how I have been getting it off?

Thanks!

kaido  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 18, 2006, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by tjash1991
Yes,

my macbook has no shields or anything on it and it keeps turning blue. The keys I use most turn blue, the wristpad turns blue, the trackpad turns blue. Every-time!

I dont ever use pens, and if I do, they are black. I also have been washing my hands and arms before using it, and it still happens.

I still have 2 days left of my 14 to return it, would apple exhange it if I told them.

Also I have been getting it off with nail polish remover, should I leave the blue that appers and show the apple store or tell them how I have been getting it off?

Thanks!
Thanks! I have AppleCare, but I don't know if I'll use it. Everything else works fine...I'd rather live with a hideous functioning MacBook than a shining jewel that melts or screeches

muaddib420
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 18, 2006, 03:46 PM

read my post about discoloration. take it into the apple store, be nice, explain the problem and they'll take care of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules