Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > I am going to kill the next person who posts a fake 15" announcement

I am going to kill the next person who posts a fake 15" announcement
coolmacdude
Senior User
Aug 20, 2003, 01:19 AM

Seriously, please stop them. I don't know how much more I can stand.

beachmark
Forum Regular
Aug 20, 2003, 01:42 AM

Originally posted by coolmacdude:
Seriously, please stop them. I don't know how much more I can stand.
Coolmacdude, You have my belssing to do it. Especially because they are also the first to complain about the 'new' Powerbooks lack of innovation.

When the speed bump is .25MHz they would have prefered .33, the keycaps are nto big enough, battery life should be longer and all of those things.

I wonder anyway why they wait. Over the course ofthe period that you own a computer there are multiple upgrade and within 24 months you have a 'terrible old' computer anyway.

So why do we not decide to buy all our compputer today? Then Apple might even decide to not update their line of Powerbooks due to the great sales.

It is the year of the portable anyway. That phrase was meant towardsthe number of sales and not the improvements. Apples used to be ahead of the competition anyway. Now this year that competition shortened the distance between Apple and them.

However within some times Apple will come up with improvements that make the developers at certain companies scratch behind their aers again.

Finally I believe that Apple is more and more becoming an innovative electronics company that started off as a computer hardware company. The iPod is a good example of that. I would not be surprised if Apple would come up (either alone or in co-operation with others) with a phone , pda and other great goodies. Their image is all about it so why not?
g.r.e.e.t.i.n.g.s
mark ®
hanging out in san francisco - wellington - cape town (or in between)
Powerbook 17 inch MacOS 10.4.3Eng • Palm E2 • Motorola Razr • iPod Flash 1Gb • iPod mini 2nd-4Gb

ima_pseudonym
Aug 20, 2003, 02:23 AM

The new powerbooks *are* up (12, 15 and 17)!

-Bill Gates

DaedalusDX
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2003, 02:23 AM

i don't really mind this time. Thinksecret is on the ball almost all of the time, and the timing would be pretty sweet (although getting somewhat late) in time for back to school season for college students...

But, if you find that the surprise is so much sweeter when you don't hear any of us talking about it just before, then we'll all quiet down :-).

Appleman
Mac Elite
Aug 20, 2003, 02:41 AM

If you only visit http://www.apple.com as the only website, then, one day, you will be happily surprised with the official announcement of new PowerBooks.

So promise me not to go to the rumorsites anymore, and you have nothing to complain.

The date of announcement and actual delivery to shops normally isn't the same day anyway.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 20, 2003, 09:37 AM

I got rid of all the ones I could see. They were annoying me, too.

tooki

Melkor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 20, 2003, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by tooki:
I got rid of all the ones I could see. They were annoying me, too.

tooki
Did you delete my thread?

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Aug 20, 2003, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by Melkor:
Did you delete my thread?
Looks like it!

iWrite
Professional Poster
Aug 20, 2003, 10:47 AM

Nothing finer stated, coolmacdude.