Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America: The Drinking Thread

Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America: The Drinking Thread (Page 3)
Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 9, 2017, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
So, Trump yesterday wen after Nordstrom because they made Ivanka look bad. Par for the course. But then the White House twitter account retweeted it. What does the White House care about Ivanka's product line or Norstrom?

But for matter to really go to the next level, this happened: Kellyanne Conway Tells Fox News Viewers to ‘Go Buy Ivanka’s Stuff,’ ‘Go Buy It Today’ | Mediaite

This is one of Trump's senior advisor's doing a QVC level pitch in a news interview. It's ****ing surreal.
The POTUS cares about the common man/woman being able to access trendy clothing at a mere 5000% markup?
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

The Final Shortcut
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2017, 11:51 PM

So, Trump yesterday wen after Nordstrom because they made Ivanka look bad. Par for the course. But then the White House twitter account retweeted it. What does the White House care about Ivanka's product line or Norstrom?

But for matter to really go to the next level, this happened: Kellyanne Conway Tells Fox News Viewers to ‘Go Buy Ivanka’s Stuff,’ ‘Go Buy It Today’ | Mediaite

This is one of Trump's senior advisor's doing a QVC level pitch in a news interview. It's ****ing surreal.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Tightpants View Post
The POTUS cares about the common man/woman being able to access trendy clothing at a mere 5000% markup?
It's curious, from a neutral and uncaring third person perspective, to see the parallels between what Trump appears to be doing, and what Putin and other similar populist elites and their cronies have done before him.

We in the West have always had a habit of looking at the Russian peoples and asking "How did this happen?" Well. The line appears to be a bit thinner than we thought.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 10, 2017, 12:29 PM

Trump now acknowledges One China. What a cuck

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2017, 12:44 PM

There really is no winning here, is there?

Is this not preferred to the high-energy physics approach?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 10, 2017, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
There really is no winning here, is there?

Is this not preferred to the high-energy physics approach?
That's the problem with politics isn't it? You're either violating my standards or your own.

I don't actually think he's a cuck, I have no strong feelings about one china policy other than if it greased the wheels of diplomacy so be it. My ridicule is that his stance was supposed to be part of some type of negotiating position which has disappeared in a poof thanks to reality.

Is that reasonable?

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2017, 01:18 PM

That's the problem with politics isn't it? You're either violating my standards or your own.

I don't actually think he's a cuck, I have no strong feelings about one china policy other than if it greased the wheels of diplomacy so be it. My ridicule is that his stance was supposed to be part of some type of negotiating position which has disappeared in a poof thanks to reality.

Is that reasonable?
Here is an extreme example of the phenomenon I'm seeing...

"OMG! OMG! Trump says he's going to do this horrible thing and it will end the world!"

[Trump does something different]

"You Trump voters just got suckered! How does it feel to be a sucker?"

This is a scorched earth campaign. I don't get it. I'd rather be a sucker than dead.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 10, 2017, 02:01 PM

That predates Trump doesn't it?

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2017, 02:21 PM

I feel the "sky is falling" quotient with Trump is unprecedented in my lifetime.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Feb 10, 2017, 02:46 PM

There was always going to be some "sky is falling" no matter who won - Cruz, Romney, whatever. But are Trump's actions also unprecedented in your lifetime?

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 10, 2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
I feel the "sky is falling" quotient with Trump is unprecedented in my lifetime.
Well he has made some fairly, uh, novel statements.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 10, 2017, 04:42 PM

The Left's reactions have been unprecedented, that's for sure.

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 10, 2017, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
There was always going to be some "sky is falling" no matter who won - Cruz, Romney, whatever. But are Trump's actions also unprecedented in your lifetime?
Well he has made some fairly, uh, novel statements.
Sure... but I still don't get the scorched earth.

Like when Petraeus was floated as SoS.

"Please sir, may I have another?"

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 10, 2017, 08:14 PM

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Feb 10, 2017, 09:43 PM

Letting things go is not a strong point with him. It might yet be his undoing.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2017, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Letting things go is not a strong point with him. It might yet be his undoing.
A Malignant Narcissist as severe as him never, ever, lets any perceived slight go. They have to be 100% right 100% of the time. It is incurable.

He also has reading and comprehension issues.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 11, 2017, 04:25 AM

^^ Are you talking about Obama again?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 13, 2017, 03:14 AM

How long before Joy Villa gets the Sen Tim Scott treatment?

45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 13, 2017, 11:12 AM

Would it be fair to say that if the Yemen raid had happened under Hillary that republicans would investigate why it went poorly?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 13, 2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post

Oops, looks like the opposite is happening.
Joy Villa's music sales skyrocket after singer dons pro-Trump dress to Grammys | Fox News
45/47

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 13, 2017, 02:42 PM

Ms. Villa was a relatively unknown artist until this weekend when she used that dress to garner some much needed publicity. She's experiencing a sales spike now because her existing fanbase was practically non-existent so the boost she's getting from Trump supporters had nowhere to go but up. But it'll be temporary in all likelihood. Mainly because those suddenly buying her records are doing so to make a political statement as opposed to a musical statement.

OAW

subego
Clinically Insane
Feb 13, 2017, 03:31 PM

About 40° to the right and there's an awesome "RUMP" opportunity I'm sad was not taken.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 13, 2017, 04:37 PM

Somehow no one at Trumps briefing asked about Flynn.

The Final Shortcut
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2017, 11:54 PM

I find it kind of funny and I find it kind of sad that you didn't post her other (but I'm sure no less Jesus-approved) red carpet outfit.

But hey...as long as she wears Trump and doesn't wear a rubber, everything is cool with you guys.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 12:53 AM

^^^

Come on now. These are the same people who were setting their hair on fire because Michelle Obama wore sleeveless dresses but have not a word to say about Melania Trump posing nude. So let's not kid ourselves into expecting any sort of intellectual consistency from our good friends on the right in this regard.

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Ms. Villa was a relatively unknown artist until this weekend when she used that dress to garner some much needed publicity. She's experiencing a sales spike now because her existing fanbase was practically non-existent so the boost she's getting from Trump supporters had nowhere to go but up. But it'll be temporary in all likelihood. Mainly because those suddenly buying her records are doing so to make a political statement as opposed to a musical statement.
Even I knew she was a Trump supporter before this, and I don't even follow pop music.

Given the environment this was legitimately brave, unlike all the Left's virtue-signalling and choir-preaching all night long, as well as the anguish over "Bee" getting dissed by the "White Supremacy". I'm glad Joy apparently has very thick skin, given the number of death and rape threats she's received since.

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 01:47 AM

^^^

Come on now. These are the same people who were setting their hair on fire because Michelle Obama wore sleeveless dresses but have not a word to say about Melania Trump posing nude. So let's not kid ourselves into expecting any sort of intellectual consistency from our good friends on the right in this regard.
A tiny number commented about Mrs Obama, most (even on the Right) couldn't care less about anyone posing nude (obviously, since it wasn't even a factor in the election). Hell, the Left ran wild with it, despite their professed hatred of "slut-shaming". It's <current year>, Dems are pushing burkas now.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 02:52 AM

Even I knew she was a Trump supporter before this, and I don't even follow pop music.

The attention-grabbing "Make America Great Again" dress Joy Villa wore at the Grammys appears to have led to a bump in sales for her music.

Villa's 2014 album, I Make the Static, was leading Amazon's top paid albums chart over albums from Beyoncé, Bruno Mars and Lady Gaga.

According to Nielsen Music, based on initial sales reports, the album sold 2,000 copies on Sunday in the U.S. -- up from a negligible figure the day previous.

The use of President Donald Trump's campaign slogan on the dress she wore Sunday drew a strong reaction from Trump supporters and critics on social media.
Joy Villa's Grammy Trump Dress Boosts Album Sales | Billboard

Now I know the concept of CONTEXT escapes you more often than not so I'll spell it out for you. Music SALES are in the toilet for all except the most elite pop artists. As in the Beyoncé's and Adele's of the world. Both of whom I imagine you know personally. In any event, the center of gravity in the music industry is now STREAMING. So if a 3 year old album can move 2000 units in a day and skyrocket to #1 in music SALES? Well that speaks volumes about that particular market in general. So stop LYING!!! We all know you had no clue who this woman was before yesterday. Just like nearly everyone else in America. As her "#1" numbers make abundantly clear. FOH!!

OAW

Cap'n Tightpants
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 03:12 AM

Sad. Oh no, someone knew something you didn't, I'm sure it makes your weiner shrivel. Get over yourself, son.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Shortcut View Post
I find it kind of funny and I find it kind of sad that you didn't post her other (but I'm sure no less Jesus-approved) red carpet outfit.

But hey...as long as she wears Trump and doesn't wear a rubber, everything is cool with you guys.
I rarely watch award shows, let alone the "red carpet show." Her outfit was mentioned on Drudge. I missed JLo and "the dress" and Diana Ross/Lil Kim. I heard about them the next morning.

The same goes for Miley Cyrus and Beetlejuice.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 09:51 AM

A tiny number commented about Mrs Obama, most (even on the Right) couldn't care less about anyone posing nude (obviously, since it wasn't even a factor in the election). Hell, the Left ran wild with it, despite their professed hatred of "slut-shaming". It's <current year>, Dems are pushing burkas now.
Stars and Stripes Hijabs to be precise. Is that a union label or a Baphomet sign in the top left corner? AAAAH it's the NWO logo!!

Sorry, time to satisfy my "meme jones"
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 10:44 AM

Just an FYI for those clamoring for the ouster of Trump and Pence. We get Paul Ryan, 46th (or 47th) POTUS™
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 14, 2017, 11:03 AM

Just an FYI for those clamoring for the ouster of Trump and Pence. We get Paul Ryan, 46th (or 47th) POTUS™
Is that supposed to dissuade me?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Feb 14, 2017, 11:35 AM

Yeah that'd basically be best case scenario.

OreoCookie
Feb 14, 2017, 11:40 AM

And what is your point? Do you want to scare people into compliance?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 14, 2017, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
"Sure Trump is corrupt, but the third in line for President is still a republican, so same diff"

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 14, 2017, 11:46 AM

Btw, I'd almost pay to see a Ryan presidency. The guy has no resolve and hasn't exactly demonstrated a deft hand for running the House. I think there's a small chance he'd have a breakdown from stress.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 11:52 AM

"Sure Trump is corrupt, but the third in line for President is still a republican, so same diff"
And the fourth...... Get down to the fifth and you get Rex.
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 11:54 AM

No, it's the old "be careful what you wish for" Had the Senate convicted Bubba, Gore would have been POTUS.
45/47

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Feb 14, 2017, 11:55 AM

You seem to think that everyone you perceive as being on "The Left" is equally afraid of all Republicans.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 14, 2017, 11:57 AM

Chongo, I truly don't understand you. We don't impeach people to change the party in power we do it because their actions are damaging to the nation.

The way you're phrasing your warning you make it sound like there's no difference between any republicans. Perhaps you see that as the case with Democrats, but it's not true.

andi*pandi
Feb 14, 2017, 12:02 PM

They are just trying to make overcoming this idiocy seem impossible, not worth they effort, so just lay down and enjoy the ride.

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 14, 2017, 12:07 PM

Last I checked chongo didn't even like Trump. He was just riding him for the SCOTUS pick. I would think he'd much prefer Pence with all his retrograde social views.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 12:28 PM

Last I checked chongo didn't even like Trump. He was just riding him for the SCOTUS pick. I would think he'd much prefer Pence with all his retrograde social views.
That must be because Pence was raised Catholic.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/4364
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 14, 2017, 12:36 PM

King of the Non Sequiturs reigns supreme again.

OreoCookie
Feb 14, 2017, 12:42 PM

No, it's the old "be careful what you wish for" Had the Senate convicted Bubba, Gore would have been POTUS.
Gore might also have been POTUS if the courts had decided re-count the votes in Florida. And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

I still don't get “be careful what you wish for” here, why do you think President Ryan or President Rubio would be a scarier proposition than Trump? Trump actively erodes customs that are necessary for the running of and the people's faith in democracy, and he fundamentally changes the GOP in the process from a party of conservatives to a party of nationalists. Unlike Trump I don't think Ryan and Rubio present a threat to the democratic system, they are regular politicians. Nor I wouldn't worry that Ryan conducts classified briefings in public or let strangers paint a bullseye on the guy carrying the nuclear football. What is clear about Ryan and the GOP in Congress, though, is that they passed the reins to Trump.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 01:04 PM

Gore might also have been POTUS if the courts had decided re-count the votes in Florida.
He still would have lost.
EXAMINING THE VOTE: THE OVERVIEW; Study of Disputed Florida Ballots Finds Justices Did Not Cast the Deciding Vote - The New York Times
A comprehensive review of the uncounted Florida ballots from last year's presidential election reveals that George W. Bush would have won even if the United States Supreme Court had allowed the statewide manual recount of the votes that the Florida Supreme Court had ordered to go forward.

Contrary to what many partisans of former Vice President Al Gore have charged, the United States Supreme Court did not award an election to Mr. Bush that otherwise would have been won by Mr. Gore. A close examination of the ballots found that Mr. Bush would have retained a slender margin over Mr. Gore if the Florida court's order to recount more than 43,000 ballots had not been reversed by the United States Supreme Court.

Even under the strategy that Mr. Gore pursued at the beginning of the Florida standoff -- filing suit to force hand recounts in four predominantly Democratic counties -- Mr. Bush would have kept his lead, according to the ballot review conducted for a consortium of news organizations.
45/47

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Feb 14, 2017, 03:05 PM

Any specific reason you chose to grab onto that part of the post and ignore the rest?

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 14, 2017, 03:14 PM

It was the start of the atricle
From near the end of the article
But what if the recounts had gone forward, as Mr. Gore and his lawyers had demanded?

The consortium asked all 67 counties what standard they would have used and what ballots they would have manually recounted. Combining that information with the detailed ballot examination found that Mr. Bush would have won the election, by 493 votes if two of the three coders agreed on what was on the ballot; by 389 counting only those ballots on which all three agreed.
Gore "might have won" only if they included ballots that were rejected to begin with.
( Last edited by Chongo; Feb 14, 2017 at 03:38 PM. )
45/47

The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Feb 14, 2017, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Any specific reason you chose to grab onto that part of the post and ignore the rest?
It's the easiest to copy/paste a reply to?

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Feb 14, 2017, 04:31 PM

Right, but what did the Pope have to say about the election? Any relevant homilies?

Forum Links
Forum Rules