Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Virtual PC 6 with 17" monitor

Virtual PC 6 with 17" monitor
Jacket
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2003, 01:30 PM

I just installed Virtual PC 6 on my new PB17, and put on Windows 2000. Although this isn't a big, deal, I was wondering if anyone knew how to make it so that when you go full screen at the highest resolution in the emulated Windows OS, is there a way to for the Windows operating system to recognize the 17" screen of the Powerbook and full up the entire screen in "Full Screen" mode, so you don't have the vertical black bars on the sides..
Another PC to PB17 Switcher
Became the proud new owner of a PB17 on 03/22/03
http://www.mattmargolis.com (Part of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy)

cwasko
Senior User
Mar 27, 2003, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by Jacket:
I just installed Virtual PC 6 on my new PB17, and put on Windows 2000. Although this isn't a big, deal, I was wondering if anyone knew how to make it so that when you go full screen at the highest resolution in the emulated Windows OS, is there a way to for the Windows operating system to recognize the 17" screen of the Powerbook and full up the entire screen in "Full Screen" mode, so you don't have the vertical black bars on the sides..
In Windows 98, when I choose the screen resolution in the PC, one of the options is the native resolution of the 17".

Jacket  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 27, 2003, 02:09 PM

while i quickly set it up last night, it did not appear that any of the resolution options were the native 17" PB screen resolutions..
Another PC to PB17 Switcher
Became the proud new owner of a PB17 on 03/22/03
http://www.mattmargolis.com (Part of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy)

Forum Links
Forum Rules