Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Porting Jaguar theme or Apple is Lazy

Porting Jaguar theme or Apple is Lazy
superfula
Senior User
Dec 12, 2003, 02:32 AM

So I happen to like the Jag theme quite a bit better than Panther. I can't stand the sunken widgets, and miss my stripes.

Anyway, of course if you use the Jag theme or Apple is Lazy through SS, the widgets aren't done correctly. Is there anyway to get the theme to look correct in Panther? Could I just change out the widgets?

WICKEDfour
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2003, 09:44 AM

If you open the DLTA in ThemePark, you should be able to fix the widgets...I'm not sure though, I'll try something like that when I get home. If it works, I'll tell you how to do it.

Themer | Metroid 2002 Supporter | Switchboard Operator | A Special K | Professional Lurker

superfula  (op)
Senior User
Dec 12, 2003, 05:11 PM

I tried doing that, but the widgets were still small. Same result as applying the Jag ui

mrtew
Professional Poster
Dec 13, 2003, 12:04 AM

You have to fix them with photoshop and know what you're doing. Basically you trim the edges off the Jaguar Widgets to fit the MetalWindowLarge pxms in the Panther theme. Kind of a pain and not worth it at all. You'll get used to the new ones soon!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

NetworkShadow
Mac Elite
Dec 13, 2003, 01:17 AM

You could copy the original widgets to photoshop and make sure they are on the right size document for Panther's standards, and copy them into the port so they don't get smashed.

Or barrow Max's Smooth Stripes widgets, though they are sunken.
click one

buddhabelly
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 13, 2003, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by superfula:
So I happen to like the Jag theme quite a bit better than Panther. I can't stand the sunken widgets, and miss my stripes.

Anyway, of course if you use the Jag theme or Apple is Lazy through SS, the widgets aren't done correctly. Is there anyway to get the theme to look correct in Panther? Could I just change out the widgets?
Where did your stripes go? I have stripes in all my menus still.

ryaxnb
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 13, 2003, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by buddhabelly:
Where did your stripes go? I have stripes in all my menus still.
The new stripes are less strong.
Trainiable is to cat as ability to live without food is to human.
Steveis... said: "What would scammers do with this info..." talking about a debit card number!

Frisbee
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 13, 2003, 06:25 PM

About porting Jaguar and its themes to Panther, is it possible to get the old tab look? If so, why does SS then make new tabs on-the-fly?

superfula  (op)
Senior User
Dec 20, 2003, 02:37 AM

So my only choice is to individually resize the Jaguar widget pics and masks? That's a lot of resizing.

Forum Links
Forum Rules