Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Desktop backgroud lost...........

Desktop backgroud lost...........
Ruby
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2000, 07:46 PM

Hey, I am trying to get back the background on my desktop that was there when I first got my iMac. I just bought my new DV a month ago. When I got it, I downloaded Webshots Desktop Lite for mac users from their website as soon as I got it. I wondered if this has something to do with it. I tried looking for it by going to control panels, appearance, then desktop, but I didn't find it there either. Do you know the one I am talking about?

------------------
Charity
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/albertwu/.Pictures/ichicks.gif[img]

Krusty
Professional Poster
Oct 10, 2000, 08:08 PM

Unfortunately, I can't comment about what picture was originally on your mac -- did you try the "themes" tab from the appearance control panel? (a couple over from the Desktop tab you tried). Also, check System Folder: Appearance: Desktop Pictures -- inside of which will be AT LEAST four folders that contain the stock apple backgrounds shipped with your mac.
Also, I've never used the Webshots desktop -- perhaps it has replaced your appearance manager control panel or extension (beats me). Check your extensions for a webshots one -- check it "off" and reboot.

andi*pandi
Oct 11, 2000, 06:32 PM

Once you open the Appearance control panel, you have to navigate to the folder where the picture was. Perhaps using this other utility changed the default folder. In any case, as Krusty said, go to thesystem folder>appearances and look there...

Also, look in hard drive>apple extras>sample desktop pictures. This is the default install location of this folder, you may have moved it. Do a apple-f (aka sherlock) and search for desktop pic.

Don't Panic!

Ruby  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 11, 2000, 08:41 PM

Thanks guys! I finally found it in the "themes" parts of my appearance file. I really appreciate your help!!

------------------
Charity
[img]http://homepage.mac.com/albertwu/.Pictures/ichicks.gif[img]

Forum Links
Forum Rules