Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Stupid Question.... But I'm new to the Ibook..

Stupid Question.... But I'm new to the Ibook..
rezrez
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2004, 03:41 AM

Hello All,

Here is a question for anyone that can help me. The Ibook I currently have is my first Mac and I love it.... I have one little problem. I don't know why it keeps beeping every 2 or so minutes.. There are no programs jumping up and down and no new mail in Eunterage (i know i misspelled that one) That and safari are my only open applications...

Thank you!!

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Dec 15, 2004, 12:23 PM

Mute the audio first to see if that fixes the beeping. If it does then SOME program is causing it. What exactly do you have running? Is the beeping entourage checking for new mail messages and letting you know it's done checking?

rezrez  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2004, 02:23 PM

Thank you!! That was the problem, it was telling me that there is no new mail. I just turned that sound off.... Thanks...

Forum Links
Forum Rules