Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Any way to hack iSync to work with Nextel i730?

Any way to hack iSync to work with Nextel i730?
Oneota
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2004, 08:43 PM

We were just forcibly switched to Nextel at work, so I have to give up my Verizon Motorola T720 for the Nextel Motorola i730. Overall, the two phones are kinda similar, but the i730 is bigger, uglier, and most unfortunately, does not work with iSync like the T720 does. This means I can no longer sync the address book on it with Address Book on my Mac.

Does anyone know of any way to hack a driver or something to get iSync to recognize my new, crappier phone?
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

me
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 12, 2004, 08:52 PM

Nextel's phones are completely different - they're called IDEN phones. Who knows what will be developed later, but for now you're SOL.

Rev-O
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2004, 09:02 PM

IIRC, Nextel stands for "Next time, use a telephone"
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Oneota  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2004, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by Rev-O:
IIRC, Nextel stands for "Next time, use a telephone"
I agree; but it wasn't my choice. This move came from above. Nothing I could do about it.
"Yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation" yields a falsehood when preceded by its quotation.

zolagol
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 13, 2005, 01:35 PM

your critiques of Nextel vs other carriers is almost like Windows users attacking Macintosh...
for the record though, i don't have a Nextel phone but know of 2 people personally (using iDen) that swear by them...where the DC (Direct Connect) option is invaluable to them for work and personal use...

to each his own i guess....

my GSM carrier has been crap since Fido merged with Rogers here in Canada...
Mac. When you want something that works. Period.

sideus
Mac Elite
Mar 13, 2005, 02:23 PM

Offtopic rant: That DC/walkie talkie thing is the most annoying thing out there. It is bad enough people walk around blabbing on the phone oblivious to what goes on around them, but now I get to listen to the entire conversation. And these people have the volume cranked up to the max, so the entire store can hear the phone.

LightWaver-67
Senior User
Mar 13, 2005, 03:49 PM

That is a "Personality" issue.. not a technology one.

There's always going to be that factor... but I know many people who use them for business and it truly is invaluable to them.

One friend owns a business that also has a service offering and it is indispensible.

Barring the self-important people who feel the need to broadcast their lives, the technology is very helpful.

Detrius
Professional Poster
Mar 13, 2005, 07:19 PM

Originally posted by sideus:
Offtopic rant: That DC/walkie talkie thing is the most annoying thing out there. It is bad enough people walk around blabbing on the phone oblivious to what goes on around them, but now I get to listen to the entire conversation. And these people have the volume cranked up to the max, so the entire store can hear the phone.
I love Asheville, NC. Nextel hasn't infiltrated this city yet. It's here, but fortunately, no one uses it. In Charlotte, I always thought Nextel was the scourge of all wireless phones. I hate it. Even if the user has the volume turned down, the phone still makes that loud beep every time a message is sent or received.
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

Forum Links
Forum Rules