Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Removong folder locks in bulk

Removong folder locks in bulk
Googer-Giger
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 3, 2006, 08:45 PM

Hi,

I was asked to make backups of disk images from an old dell on my powerbook. The idiot i am working with (uses windows) touched my mac and didn't know what he was doing, he made 2 copies of every file and locked them all. I'm not sure weather it was with automator or something like that. Anyway, I sent all the copies into the trash, i'm not about to go through hundreds of files and get info on each one and remove the locked checkbox just so i can delete them. Is there a way to unlock files in bulk or somekind of freeware app that can do that ? Or, am I just doomed to sit in front of my book for hours removing locks?

Thanks in advance.
I miss the days of the G5 and XPS Pentium 4 running side by side as high-end machines.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2006, 10:15 PM

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Aug 3, 2006, 10:54 PM

Just hold down the Option key when you empty the Trash, and it will delete all the files in there even if they're locked.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Googer-Giger  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 4, 2006, 10:59 AM

Wow, you guys are good, thanks.
I miss the days of the G5 and XPS Pentium 4 running side by side as high-end machines.

Forum Links
Forum Rules