Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Motion: Freeze frames and clip "snapping"

Motion: Freeze frames and clip "snapping"
Synotic
Mac Elite
Dec 28, 2006, 03:50 PM

I'm working on a small video project with some friends and I'm creating on a title. I have a clip of say 10 seconds of hand holding a fake gun against a green background. The clip starts with the hand pointing up and then ends with it pointing right. The problem is that the title is longer than 10 seconds. I'm trying to get Motion to hold the last frame for a specified time. I've looked at the manual and it suggests using the Scrub filter, but I can't figure out what the parameters do exactly. It seems to want to take frames that I have discarded (I have removed a little bit of the end using an Out marker). How can I get this to work?

My second question is a simpler one... when putting clips in the timeline in a sequential order, I always have to eyeball where to place the clips, or manually enter in in and out positions in the properties. Is there a way to get the clips to snap together?

Thanks!

Baryon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 31, 2006, 12:00 PM

I think the N key enables snapping (it certainly does in FCP). IIRC there's a tiny little icon in the corner of the timeline to enable it.

Offhand I'm not sure about the other problem.
iMac G5 17in 2.0GHz , 512MB RAM , ATI Radeon 9600 128MB , Mac OS X Tiger / FCE HD / Soundtrack Pro

Forum Links
Forum Rules