Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari 3 reload bug

Safari 3 reload bug
himself
Mac Elite
Mar 17, 2008, 05:10 AM

I've done this on three different machines (both PPC and Intel), and the bug is always reproducible:

1) Open a window in Safari with multiple tabs
2) Hide the address bar/toolbar
3) Load (or reload) a page in a new tab
4) Select a different, existing tab and reload the page (using the key command or menu command)

The result: the page in the previously selected tab loads into the currently selected tab. The only way to prevent this is to reload pages with the toolbar visible. On my Powerbook, I always (or usually, due to this bug) use my browsers with the address bar/toolbar hidden, as it saves a good deal of space. I've sent bug reports to Apple since I first noticed this bug (when Safari 3 Beta was first released), but I haven't heard or seen any reports from anyone else... I'm certainly not the only one experiencing this, am I?
"Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows... how can you guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton

arekkusu
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2008, 04:44 AM

I get this all the time too. I always keep the address bar hidden as well.

-Q-
Mar 18, 2008, 09:29 AM

Just downloaded the new update to Safari this morning. I'm hoping it helps with some of those issues (I've seen them intermittently, so I can't really point to one specific site or type code. Sometimes it works, sometimes the browser just loads the wrong page in the wrong tab).

Forum Links
Forum Rules