Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Jag Mail Attachment Problems

Jag Mail Attachment Problems
placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2002, 01:41 PM

I tried sending a Word document to my PC at work and Mail Stuffed it as a .bin archive. Unfortunately, I can't install Expander because the computer is running NT and I need an adminstrator password. Is there a way to send attachments without compressing them. In the past, I used Entourage and it worked fine. I would prefer to use the new Mail in Jag, but unless I can figure out to send attachments without compression, I'm out of luck. Thanks in advance.

Karl

symonsl
Sep 6, 2002, 02:42 PM

Originally posted by Karl Snyder:
I tried sending a Word document to my PC at work and Mail Stuffed it as a .bin archive. Unfortunately, I can't install Expander because the computer is running NT and I need an adminstrator password. Is there a way to send attachments without compressing them. In the past, I used Entourage and it worked fine. I would prefer to use the new Mail in Jag, but unless I can figure out to send attachments without compression, I'm out of luck. Thanks in advance.

Karl
Why compress at all? I just choose "Attach File" from the "Edit" menu and attach the file as it is.

chris v
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 6, 2002, 02:43 PM

Can you Zip it first, then send the zipped file without Mail attempting to stuff the zipped file?

Have you been through all of mail's prefs?

CV

When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift.

placebo1969  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2002, 03:36 PM

symonsl,
I wasn't trying to to compress, but I figured out if you use the Edit menu and then "Add file..." It works. I haven't tried C&P yet. Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules