Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > PowerPoint object positioning

PowerPoint object positioning
Synotic
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2003, 09:05 PM

I am currently working on a PowerPoint with a background picture and I'd like to include some transparent/anti-aliased objects in it. I realize that PowerPoint won't be able to handle true transparent images (PNGs, TIFFs etc...). However, what if I fake the transparency and then place the object exactly where I want it. Does anyone know if this will always be placed in the same place on PowerPoint for Windows, Keynote and PowerPoint for Mac? If I am going to be faking the transparency then even a few pixels can render the design unusable. I'd really appreciate any input on it this because I don't want to spend hours working on a design that incorporates transparency if it's going to break on different versions of PowerPoint. Thanks a lot

jackSprat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2003, 08:35 PM

I have created many transparent images for use in PowerPoint. The problem as I have recently learned, but not experienced, is that not all applications treat transparent the same. I guess I started out lucky. The combination that I use is Photoshop and PowerPoint using PNG files. I have made my shows and had them on Windows and had Windows shows on my Mac with PNG's. I've been told that just 'cause it's a PNG doesn't mean it'll be transparent, or just 'cause the app will deal with a PNG doesn't mean it'll handle the transparent correctly. One author, Tim Eason, describes PNG files as one of PowerPoints best kept secrets.

Forum Links
Forum Rules