Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > mapquest lost features -- any other site to use?

mapquest lost features -- any other site to use?
mishakim
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2004, 07:31 PM

Mapquest used to have some features that, as far as I know, were unique: making the map larger, and adding additional address markers to a single map. Since their redesign, these features seem to be gone.

Can anyone recommend a site that has similar features? The sort of thing I'm doing, in case you know a different solution is this: find several addresses in an area, (e.g. apartments for rent, restaurants), and show them all on a single map to simplify wandering between them.

namannik
Senior User
Jan 9, 2004, 04:30 AM

Yeah, and they also lost the satellite image feature! Have you tried Yahoo! maps?

keekeeree
Mac Elite
Location: Moved from Ohio's first capital to its current capital
Jan 9, 2004, 04:31 AM

http://www.randmcnally.com/

Not sure if they have what you need, but I've been using this over Mapquest for awhile.

mishakim  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 9, 2004, 09:16 AM

thanks for those�I hadn't tried yahoo in a while, it seems improved, and the map on rand mcnally is really nice. They've both got the larger map size, but I can't find any way to plot multiple addresses.

I hadn't noticed the aerial photos missing. Interesting thing, they've got both those and the ability to save directions listed on their what's new page! I don't think they've had the save route feature for ages.

Osirisis
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 9, 2004, 01:53 PM

Try Mapsonus.com. They allow multiple Intermediate destinations.

Forum Links
Forum Rules