Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: PowerMac G4 Mirror Drive Door (MDD) 1Ghz

FS: PowerMac G4 Mirror Drive Door (MDD) 1Ghz
kaltek
Apr 24, 2007, 06:21 PM

Hey Folks, I have a Powermac G4 Mirror Drive Door (AKA MDD) Up for sale. Runs like a champ, no hardware issues to speak of. Would make a great starter system for those getting into mac but want upgradabiaity or a great extra system for a fileserver or datastorage. The casing is in relatively good condition. (no cracks or big marks) This Powermac will make someone very happy

Specs:
1Ghz PPC G4
768MB DDR Ram
250GB WD IDE hard drive
DVD-R (Pioneer)
Radeon 9000
FW 400 & 800 USB GigaLan ADC and DVI

Pictures:
Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
pic5
Pic6
Pic7

Price: $650 Shipped!

Heatware is under kaltek657 (feedback)
Thanks!

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 24, 2007, 06:30 PM

FireWire 800 via PCI add-on card?

kaltek  (op)
Apr 24, 2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
FireWire 800 via PCI add-on card?
hey nope as you can see from 1 of the pics its onboard FW800

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2007, 01:27 PM

kaltek, I would add to the computer specs the Iomega Zip drive you have there… it is really nice, and worth $80 at least on eBay…
eBay: Iomega Zip 750 Mb internal Apple G4 MDD NEW atapi (item 230091006352 end time May-12-07 12:08:15 PDT)

Good luck, it is a really nice Power Mac (sure I have one)

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 25, 2007, 08:32 PM

Alright... so it's the PowerMac G4 (FW800) model.

kaltek  (op)
Apr 27, 2007, 04:55 PM

Bump B/o now

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Apr 27, 2007, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
kaltek, I would add to the computer specs the Iomega Zip drive you have there… it is really nice, and worth $80 at least on eBay…
HAHAHAHA Sorry, just had to chuckle at this comment!

FYI, just because it's listed at $80 doesn't mean it will sell at that price
and besides, this aint ebay either.................

OTOH, anyone who would pay that much for an extremely slow, unreliable, and long-dead tech item should definitely call me about that Super-Luxurious beachfront property I have for sale....................
(in Montana)
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

kaltek  (op)
Apr 27, 2007, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by bowwowman View Post
HAHAHAHA Sorry, just had to chuckle at this comment!

FYI, just because it's listed at $80 doesn't mean it will sell at that price
and besides, this aint ebay either.................

OTOH, anyone who would pay that much for an extremely slow, unreliable, and long-dead tech item should definitely call me about that Super-Luxurious beachfront property I have for sale....................
(in Montana)
Wow a "mac elite" and insulting peoples sales? I did say best offer so anyone who has a legitimate offer please feel free to PM it to me.

Otherwise I'll thank you to keep your pricing comments to yourself.

Reported

weazbert
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2007, 02:04 AM

Kaltec,

i don't think the comment was really directed at you, or you machine, Our "senior" member was simply poking fun at zip drives, overvalued ones at that. Your price is fair, But Zip drives erserve a laugh from time to time because of what they represented once upon a time. I could be completley wrong(in which case i apoligize) but i think bowwowman's post was made in jest

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2007, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by weazbert View Post
Kaltec,

i don't think the comment was really directed at you, or you machine, Our "senior" member was simply poking fun at zip drives, overvalued ones at that. Your price is fair, But Zip drives erserve a laugh from time to time because of what they represented once upon a time. I could be completley wrong(in which case i apoligize) but i think bowwowman's post was made in jest

yep thats me alright, Mr. Jester 4 sure

my comment was made strictly in response to anglemb's assertion that having a zip drive in his machine (and/or one listed on ebay for $80) would add any significant resell value to kaltek's mac, which still is a sweet machine, with or w/o that silly drive.....

Oh, I know, lets start a poll........
Personally I find it hilarious that you have the hots for my gramma. Especially seeins how she is 3x your age, and makes your Brittney-Spears-wannabe 30-something wife look like a rag doll who went thru WWIII with a burning stick of dynamite up her a** :)

kaltek  (op)
Apr 28, 2007, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by bowwowman View Post
yep thats me alright, Mr. Jester 4 sure

my comment was made strictly in response to anglemb's assertion that having a zip drive in his machine (and/or one listed on ebay for $80) would add any significant resell value to kaltek's mac, which still is a sweet machine, with or w/o that silly drive.....

Oh, I know, lets start a poll........
I didn't even know it was on there until someone mentioned that it was a zip drive. to me its not worth 1 penny but to somebody else, who knows. one man's trash is another man's treasure.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 29, 2007, 04:55 AM

I am sorry that my comment about the Zip drive caused a member to be reported since I find it totally uncalled for… I don't find offended by bowwowman laughing at my comment, if he-she thinks a Zip is useless, that is fine for me, really. I don't find there was a need to report him-her by his LOL towards my post, maybe kaltek though the laughs were towards his-her MDD while it is clear that wasn't so since it is a sweet computer.

YMMV but I have a old B&W G3 that came with a Zip drive, the G3 had some issues and my other Mac is a MDD which lacks a Zip drive, I was not aware of Zip drives were made specifically to fit MDDs until some months ago, and truth be told, kaltek's one was so far the first MDD I have ever seen with a Zip included… which if you don't need two optical drives could be good enough for certain users… even more if the MDD can boot into Mac OS 9.

So far one man's trash is another man's treasure couldn't be more right

Please kaltek, don't worry about reporting bowwowman… I am sure his-her intention wasn't to attack you neither me, just making some fun about Zip being almost useless nowadays… and while some buyers would take that Zip out of the MDD to be able to accommodate two optical drives, another buyers would find it comes handy.

Be well all of you

bowwowman
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2007, 08:12 AM

Poll started, results not surprising (at least not to me anyways)

http://forums.macnn.com/65/power-mac...ip-drive-poll/

Forum Links
Forum Rules